BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i have reciver grooves in my heads and....

4 posters

Go down

i have reciver grooves in my heads and.... Empty i have reciver grooves in my heads and....

Post  Larry T April 19th 2015, 11:25 pm

i want to use cometic head gaskets on my new build will the grooves be a problem?i have been reading that most people are using these gaskets in their nitrous builds with success.i have no luck getting the copper to seal I probably have 100 dollars in scrap copper gaskets.i know quench has been most of the problem this time around I will have .103 with a .043 gasket.
Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

i have reciver grooves in my heads and.... Empty Re: i have reciver grooves in my heads and....

Post  dfree383 April 19th 2015, 11:47 pm

I have heard you can use titanium putty to fill the and lightly file the excess.... Haven't tried it yet but I have a set of boss 302 heads I want to save and I'm going to get to it one if these days.... study

I have also been told the you can hammer in wire a and try to mill them.... But again I haven't done it.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

i have reciver grooves in my heads and.... Empty Re: i have reciver grooves in my heads and....

Post  butterbean April 20th 2015, 3:41 pm

I have done 2 blocks (BBC) with JB weld and had no problems, just fill the groves with JB and I used a scotch bright wheel on my 2"grinder and smoothed them down flush with the block, I just mad sure it was cleaned with brake cleaner real good and let the JB set over night before sanding. then used Cometic's and had no issues even spraying 400 to a mud truck
butterbean
butterbean

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDave65 April 22nd 2015, 12:40 am

We just hammered in the wire and milled the deck a couple thou. for the block. I didn't have grooves in the head. Not sure if that would work or not. It may if the wire was a tight fit.
BigDave65
BigDave65

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down