BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kaase C5 small block heads

+4
whatbumper
Hardy
rmcomprandy
maverick
8 posters

Go down

Kaase C5 small block heads Empty Kaase C5 small block heads

Post  maverick April 16th 2015, 8:26 pm

What do you guys know about them? Got a buddy taking a serious look at them for his new engine. He almost bought a pair of Brodix Neals, now he's shopping again. This is a grudge car, Fox hatch, will be in the neighborhood of 445 cu. in. and will see large doses of the hose. Is this head a good choice? For the last 15 years I've been pretty much out of the SBF loop.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Kaase C5 small block heads Empty Re: Kaase C5 small block heads

Post  rmcomprandy April 16th 2015, 11:23 pm

maverick wrote:What do you guys know about them?  Got a buddy taking a serious look at them for his new engine.  He almost bought a pair of Brodix Neals, now he's shopping again.  This is a grudge car, Fox hatch, will be in the neighborhood of 445 cu. in. and will see large doses of the hose.  Is this head a good choice?  For the last 15 years I've been pretty much out of the SBF loop.

The P-38 is the only small block head I am aware of which Kaase produces.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hardy April 16th 2015, 11:33 pm

He also had the C-400 heads. P38'S are inline, C-400's are canted. I think they are some sort of collaboration with CHI. Haven't heard of anyone using them though

Hardy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hardy April 16th 2015, 11:34 pm

http://www.jonkaaseracingengines.com/component/content/article/40-kaase-products/192-kaase-c-400-small-block-ford-cleveland-cylinder-heads.html

Hardy

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper April 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

CHI heads are what he's referring to.   (Beat me to it) lol

As far as large doseage of nitrous on a small block, I would run GV2's. We have an excellent program for these heads through Slick Rick Racing Heads.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh April 16th 2015, 11:53 pm

Yes, I do believe Kaase did do the C-400 which was based on the CHI 3-V, this I cannot speak to in depth as I have not owned nor run them. I am not sure if they were designed with the hose in mind, or not. As for the Brodix, the BF300 with a jezel valve terrain is a good working head on the boost, and the hose. If the Kaase heads are meant o run the power adders I would guess that a phone call to Mr Kaase's shop would clarify the intent, as although I hate to assume, I would believe that if he was willing to put his name on them they work with a purpose...NA or juiced is the question to me.
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  gmsmkr April 17th 2015, 12:09 am

Wasnt these heads made to compete with the Yates heads? Like the D3 or something
gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh April 17th 2015, 12:19 am

gmsmkr wrote:Wasnt these heads made to compete with the Yates heads? Like the D3 or something

Most are... Bobby G cut the ports off and raised them up with an aluminum section on the exhaust side prior to the Yates design, most use a 1" higher exhaust port to free up the flow on the exhaust side, different applications but a worthy enough design to have many innovators of the sports make positive changes to the original design (AKA 396).
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 April 17th 2015, 1:15 am

From my Understanding good luck getting a set.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick April 17th 2015, 8:16 am

Yeah...It's the Kaase C400 head with CHI's "C5 competition upgrade". Sorry about the confusion. This guy has been running Yates heads 'til now and doing ok. Looking for a big upgrade. I'd like to help him out but I'll need a remedial sbf class first.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy April 17th 2015, 9:59 am

Hardy wrote:He also had the C-400 heads.  P38'S are inline, C-400's are canted.  I think they are some sort of collaboration with CHI.  Haven't heard of anyone using them though

That is simply Kasse designed ports then CNC'd. The base head is from the Australian company CHI.

They work well.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick April 17th 2015, 10:14 am

rmcomprandy wrote:
Hardy wrote:He also had the C-400 heads.  P38'S are inline, C-400's are canted.  I think they are some sort of collaboration with CHI.  Haven't heard of anyone using them though

That is simply Kasse designed ports then CNC'd. The base head is from the Australian company CHI.

They work well.

Thanks, Randy. Do you think they'd be well suited for nitrous use? He's been hitting the Yates heads with about a 350 snort...will most likely go up some.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper April 17th 2015, 5:38 pm

You said a big nitrous shot. Cool

We like the GV2's due to the mid 450's flow on the intake and a great chamber.

Many of the old yates heads are still very good for many applications. The availability of some of the CHI stuff has not lent itself to us testing them. We have tested the yates, brodix, and edelbrock offerings on large nitrous doseages. (Over 600 shots)

If I was going to build a nitrous sbf right now it would be a GV2 headed motor or a Brodix track 1x headed deal. Our little sub 400" turbo motor made over 900hp on motor with GV2's though so an all out nitrous motor would be able to make 1000+ easily and still take a huge gulp of laughing gas with the cubes you are talking.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick April 17th 2015, 9:15 pm

whatbumper wrote:You said a big nitrous shot. Cool

We like the GV2's due to the mid 450's flow on the intake and a great chamber.  

Many of the old yates heads are still very good for many applications.  The availability of some of the CHI stuff has not lent itself to us testing them.  We have tested the yates, brodix, and edelbrock offerings on large nitrous doseages. (Over 600 shots)

If I was going to build a nitrous sbf right now it would be a GV2 headed motor or a Brodix track 1x headed deal.  Our little sub 400" turbo motor made over 900hp on motor with GV2's though so an all out nitrous motor would be able to make 1000+ easily and still take a huge gulp of laughing gas with the cubes you are talking.

Thanks, guys...good info, all. This car is in my shop now, getting some cage upgrades while he sources all the right pieces for the new engine. Sounds like availability may play a big role here.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Kaase C5 small block heads Empty A friend of mine has a set on his SBF

Post  57custom April 18th 2015, 12:32 am

and they have been on the car for quite a while now. He does not spray it but they do make very good hp. His rig is 438 cid and has been stone reliable since it was built a few years ago. I think it is around 745 hp and pulls his Ranchero well into the nines. Smile His were bought when Jeg's carried them and touted them as their heads. I don't know if Jeg's has them or not. The ones he has are what is now called P 38's.
57custom
57custom

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy August 22nd 2015, 12:12 pm

57custom wrote:and they have been on the car for quite a while now. He does not spray it but they do make very good hp. His rig is 438 cid and has been stone reliable since it was built a few years ago. I think it is around 745 hp and pulls his Ranchero well into the nines. Smile His were bought when Jeg's carried them and touted them as their heads. I don't know if Jeg's has them or not. The ones he has are what is now called P 38's.

And, has been INCORRECTLY stated here before ... the P-38 head is a CANTED valve head; NOT inline. Although they replace an inline Windsor head with required other components.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down