BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

true street rules????

3 posters

Go down

true street rules???? Empty true street rules????

Post  gmsmkr February 16th 2015, 7:03 pm

Ok guys I am gathering parts for my 1977 f100 I'm going to do a crown Vic front suspension swap and was wondering if any of yall think it would pass tech.... The rules say bolt on stock location suspension is ok. No ladder bars or back half this is the reason I'm staying leaf spring rear but want the new front suspension.

Let me know what yall think.
gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Back to top Go down

true street rules???? Empty Re: true street rules????

Post  FalconEh February 16th 2015, 9:31 pm

gmsmkr wrote:Ok guys I am gathering parts for my 1977 f100 I'm going to do a crown Vic front suspension swap and was wondering if any of yall think it would pass tech.... The rules say bolt on stock location suspension is ok. No ladder bars or back half this is the reason I'm staying leaf spring rear but want the new front suspension.

Let me know what yall think.

Hey Mike,
I think the CV front suspension is not a direct bolt on, some modification and welding is required...having said that at many tracks probably, but I think the rules are more in alignment with tubular a-arms etc. direct bolt on stuff.
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  gmsmkr February 17th 2015, 11:56 pm

Thanks Russ I was thinking the same but I could make it bolt on Laughing o well it still getting the CV swap just cause I want the new front suspension once I have everything to get started I will make a build thread.
gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE February 18th 2015, 3:34 am

The Crown Vic swap route might be too much "out of the spirit of the rules" for the rule makers. Especially since it's a "car" front suspension vs a truck suspension. But it wouldn't hurt to ask if you could have a special exemption in this case. You won't know for sure unless you ask.

If the goal is just to get rid of the twin I beams in favor of A-arms what about using a later model A-arm Ford truck chassis under the early truck body? Depending on how it's done a lot of people might not even notice the swap.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down