BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody running a full CSR trans/flexplate Supershield for a glide?

5 posters

Go down

Anybody running a full CSR trans/flexplate Supershield for a glide? Empty Anybody running a full CSR trans/flexplate Supershield for a glide?

Post  jbozzelle November 14th 2009, 1:51 pm

How do you like it?

Is the seperate flexplate shield and trans shield a better solution? I'm think of NOT using a JW bell...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Anybody running a full CSR trans/flexplate Supershield for a glide? Empty Re: Anybody running a full CSR trans/flexplate Supershield for a glide?

Post  feetfirst November 14th 2009, 3:31 pm

Go with a JW type bell........alot stronger...I have seen the stock bell/case break, and its not pretty....especially with a BB.
And the room required is less as well..
feetfirst
feetfirst

Back to top Go down

Anybody running a full CSR trans/flexplate Supershield for a glide? Empty Re: Anybody running a full CSR trans/flexplate Supershield for a glide?

Post  richter69 November 14th 2009, 4:29 pm

A lot will argue with the plate you can use a reg gm bell deal, and that someone always has a spare if you need it. Honestly if i'm at the track and it breaks to the point I need a whole tranny I'm done anyway.

Go with the Ultrabell deal, stronger and less hassle IMO.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle November 17th 2009, 4:47 pm

But what about a trans shield. Still need one of those even with the JW bell right?

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldani November 18th 2009, 9:06 am

With the Ultra-Bell being SFI-certified you only will have to use a transmission shield, you're correct.
Oldani
Oldani

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird November 18th 2009, 10:33 am

Go ahead and spend a few more bucks and put the Ultra-case with the bell. Your already going to buy the sheild anyway.
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle November 26th 2009, 11:12 pm

I'll be going the Ultrabell route since the adapter midplate doesn't clear the headers. I'll see what I can dig up on an Ultracase...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 November 27th 2009, 12:08 am

Those cases are pricey.........BTE is working on a one piece for the BB Ford but its not available yet.

Stock case with a shield will be fine.........the shields are cheap.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle November 27th 2009, 12:30 pm

That's the plan unless I come across a case on the cheap. Every now and then one will pop up on YB.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down