BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanting to get my feet wet with Big Blocks Now!

4 posters

Go down

Wanting to get my feet wet with Big Blocks Now! Empty Wanting to get my feet wet with Big Blocks Now!

Post  Brent Clay August 31st 2014, 11:53 am

I have always played with small blocks, nitrous, Turbo, and big stroked Windsor's!  I feel I have been wasting my money, when I could just go with more cubic inches for the Dollars spent, and be just as happy.

After talking things over with a few friends, I feel this might be the way to go.
Thinking about a nice 514 pump gas for my 85 GT Street/strip car.  I love a 5 speed to drive around and Im not sure if that will be very feasible with a big block.  I'm here to learn, so teach me what I should look for and stay away from.

My thoughts are something reasonable without breaking the bank!  I am hoping this is possible.

Thanks for any help you can throw my way!

Brent Clay
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Wanting to get my feet wet with Big Blocks Now! Mustang2

Wanting to get my feet wet with Big Blocks Now! Mustang

Brent Clay

Back to top Go down

Wanting to get my feet wet with Big Blocks Now! Empty Re: Wanting to get my feet wet with Big Blocks Now!

Post  bosshoss August 31st 2014, 12:06 pm

If you want a beastly, torque monster then by all means install the big block in your fox. You will need a high end 5 speed to handle the torque so prepare to lay down a few Benjamin's for that.

Dont get me wrong I love the big blocks, was a Cleveland guy for 25 years before I made the switch in my race car.

For the weight, packaging and ease of maintenance I would keep the windsor for anything I planned on cruising with tho.

Not trying to discourage you at all. Just my personal observations.

Welcome to the site. Very Happy

dkp
bosshoss
bosshoss
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Wanting to get my feet wet with Big Blocks Now! Empty Re: Wanting to get my feet wet with Big Blocks Now!

Post  bbf-falcon August 31st 2014, 10:37 pm

This is just my opinion only but,this is what i've learned. If your starting from scratch w/new style engine like BBF .You can build a big stroker as cheap as a small one (BBF). A BBF doesn't need a BIG gear,take advantage of it's Torque. And like Boss said,if you are going stick,get the strongest one you can. If your going auto,stay away from C4 if its making big power. Big Fords seem to have a Bond w/Glide on the track.Not saying others won't work for you. Good luck and hang on. Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Horse of Apocalypse September 1st 2014, 7:33 pm

Sounds like a hold on and scream ride.
Dark Horse of Apocalypse
Dark Horse of Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down