BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cam Questions

5 posters

Go down

Cam Questions Empty Cam Questions

Post  supervel45 March 9th 2014, 1:05 am

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2005/02/CamYouHelpMe/ Depends what answer you want? Suspect 

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Cam Questions Empty Re: Cam Questions

Post  supervel45 March 9th 2014, 3:27 am

The 460 Ford response's are interesting, and a couple of them sounded like pretty good street cams, depending on your definition of it. The 347 stuff was all over the place.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon March 9th 2014, 7:45 am

That's interesting. FordMustle does some neat things ,and have some good info and good ford reads. I used to login to their sites quite frequently,until I found the BBF sites years ago. Before I met Lem,Randy and Blake I use to call the cam companies and ask questions,and soon come to the same conclusions as Ford Muscle did. I really trust that the info I receive from my three friends are as close for my apps that I will get. As a matter of fact,when I was collecting parts for my A headed 557,I had called about a Cam that was on the board for sale and the seller had it cut for a engine almost identicle to mine and that Lem had spec'd it for him. I had called Lem just prior to this about my build and he had spec'd exactly the same cam. We have great info on this site,and I am very thankful for these people.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 March 9th 2014, 8:56 am

I would have to say that the custom cam grinders around here are miles ahead of any, or at least most of the guys you will talk to on the phone, at the cam companies. I think there are some pretty good shelf grinds out there for the lower perfomance 429-460 cid engines, but for the high performance, full race and stroker stuff, I would get a custom, from around here also. I wonder what percentage of the cam companies R&D budget is spent on Chevy, compared to Ford and Dodge? I suspect that is why so many people buy and trust SVO,FRPP's. cams, also.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 9th 2014, 11:14 am

Ive used Lem and Blake a lot, or have had them assist me in picking lobes etc. I have bought more cams from Cammotion than anybody, those guys are pretty sharp and also when I say I want this and that lobe ground on this center I dont get a bunch of crap they just do it..... And it usually shows up sooner than expected.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug March 9th 2014, 1:08 pm

richter69 wrote:Ive used Lem and Blake a lot, or have had them assist me in picking lobes etc. I have bought more cams from Jay Allen than anybody, those guys are pretty sharp and also when I say I want this and that lobe ground on this center I dont get a bunch of crap they just do it..... And it usually shows up sooner than expected.

there fixed it for you buddy Twisted Evil  sorry Jon someone made me do it.....
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield March 9th 2014, 6:47 pm

lol! 
the Coug wrote:
richter69 wrote:Ive used Lem and Blake a lot, or have had them assist me in picking lobes etc. I have bought more cams from Jay Allen than anybody, those guys are pretty sharp and also when I say I want this and that lobe ground on this center I dont get a bunch of crap they just do it..... And it usually shows up sooner than expected.

there fixed it for you buddy Twisted Evil  sorry Jon someone made me do it.....

lol! lol! lol! 
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down