BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

P51 thread......

+38
D. Sea
schmitty
TravisRice
levy87
Dave C.
res0rli9
bbf-falcon
Diggindeeper
dirt_worker
70FB
supervel45
the Coug
Barney
56Tbird
4thHorseman
342g
D's557BBF
bigblok2000ranger
dfree383
Albert Clark
Gary Blair
NOS42
5pointslow
psfracer
DanH
Larry T
chuck
Lem Evans
QtrWarrior
J.Toney
maverick
IDT-572
KY JELLY
yellowhorse7
maverick532
cool40
bruno
richter69
42 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

P51 thread...... - Page 4 Empty Re: P51 thread......

Post  Barney January 24th 2014, 2:45 pm

Sold m roller. Building 2 one for me one for my daughter.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY January 24th 2014, 3:05 pm

Gary Blair wrote:
KY JELLY wrote:I reckon butt is fine thanks for askin though. Yes nothing like a little late winter entertainment , but yellow who and circle q might owe some commission for making them smack talkin stand outs . I can remember back in the day Hobbs and I won a smack talking contest .It dont come easy Nick talked mean to us for a long time with those edelbrock sprinkler system heads  before we reconized him.lol

Randy,
Do you run a C-460 motor in dixiedoorslammers? That's my favorite head.

I have ran the p51 and the c both .The c was just dated parts i had for a while ? I bracket raced it last year and i have to say it was one of the most consisent engines i have had. Just seemed like it did not care how bad the weather was .Currently got a big inch C , sheetmetal manifold and such in assembly.
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug January 24th 2014, 3:19 pm

bigblok2000ranger wrote:
yellowhorse7 wrote:
5pointslow wrote:i hope nobody ever over achieves with a set of pro comps ......think of that thread lol  Laughing 

I'll say this....

We have been looking for just one on the cheap (by cheap I mean free, lol. Nobody paying for that) to see what comes up (or comes out)

He knows Tony he commented in my WTB Pro-Comp head thread and I posted exactly what was going to be done. No secrets on that one. Wink

no Secrets if you have the secret spy scope decoder ring
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 January 24th 2014, 3:27 pm

Lunch break.....

Whatta I miss lol
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  Gary Blair January 24th 2014, 3:33 pm

KY JELLY wrote:
Gary Blair wrote:
KY JELLY wrote:I reckon butt is fine thanks for askin though. Yes nothing like a little late winter entertainment , but yellow who and circle q might owe some commission for making them smack talkin stand outs . I can remember back in the day Hobbs and I won a smack talking contest .It dont come easy Nick talked mean to us for a long time with those edelbrock sprinkler system heads  before we reconized him.lol

Randy,
Do you run a C-460 motor in dixiedoorslammers? That's my favorite head.

I have ran the p51 and the c both .The c was just dated parts i had for a while ? I bracket raced it last year and i have to say it was one of the most consisent engines i have had. Just seemed like it did not care how bad the weather was .Currently got a big inch C  , sheetmetal manifold  and such in assembly.

Very good, that's what I like about them too. I thinks it's the best all around head.
Gary Blair
Gary Blair

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno January 24th 2014, 3:48 pm

lmao ...... you making another calendar of the month or what pretty boy jelly

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY January 24th 2014, 4:24 pm

Not in the plans Nick . With this new track right down the road saves a bunch in travel cost and time , thought i would step things up a little bit. They are gonna run some promod stuff and have some quick deals. Other than that gonna try to get as quick as possible Na for the weekly bracket racing and spray a healthy dose when needed probabaly end up with a committed converter for that.
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 January 24th 2014, 5:01 pm

Nick's new Avatar  Twisted Evil  FTW!!!!!
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY January 24th 2014, 5:06 pm

Gary Blair wrote:

Very good, that's what I like about them too. I thinks it's the best all around head.

I like them fine i am sure everyone has their favorite. As far as whats best all around , best for the buck , best for application everone will have an opinion on that . One thing i think alot of people dont think about is when they make that step from the different cj style heads is they usually get an aftermarket block and A , C , profiler ,etc . Before you know it you just gained 150 - 175lbs . When you get to that level of performance a 100lbs is worth a 100 horsepower. What i am saying is if you have a good running scj type engine and step up you will have 100 - 150 hp busy packing that extra weight.
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger January 24th 2014, 10:34 pm

the Coug wrote:
bigblok2000ranger wrote:
yellowhorse7 wrote:
5pointslow wrote:i hope nobody ever over achieves with a set of pro comps ......think of that thread lol  Laughing 

I'll say this....

We have been looking for just one on the cheap (by cheap I mean free, lol. Nobody paying for that) to see what comes up (or comes out)

He knows Tony he commented in my WTB Pro-Comp head thread and I posted exactly what was going to be done. No secrets on that one. Wink

https://www.429-460.com/t19601-wanted-1-pro-comp-460-head-damaged-or-bare

I think I spelled it out pretty clear here.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 January 24th 2014, 10:46 pm

I have one cut up at the shop that I dissected, Been there done that, Unless Rich wants to spend a ton of time welding and porting, I don't think he will be happy with what he finds.

No amount of porting without welding will direct the air where it needs to go.

It's a shame someone took the time to build a mold, and cast heads, and screw the pooch as bad as they did.

Maybe he can find something with them. If he does he can make some money with them if there's not to much time put into it for the gain.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 January 24th 2014, 10:46 pm

KY JELLY wrote:
Gary Blair wrote:

I like them fine i am sure everyone has their favorite. As far as whats best all around , best for the buck , best for application everone will have an opinion on that . One thing i think alot of people dont think about is when they make that step from the different cj style heads is they usually get an aftermarket block and  A , C , profiler ,etc . Before you know it you just gained 150 - 175lbs . When you get to that level of performance a 100lbs is worth a 100 horsepower. What i am saying is if you have a good running scj type engine and step up you will have 100 - 150 hp busy packing that extra weight.
 ^^  ^^                                                                                                                                        Alot of truth here. http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tablehdc.htm   P-51's included, most of the Guys here or in it.

Last edited by supervel45 on January 25th 2014, 4:03 am; edited 3 times in total

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger January 24th 2014, 11:00 pm

IDT-572 wrote:I have one cut up at the shop that I dissected, Been there done that, Unless Rich wants to spend a ton of time welding and porting, I don't think he will be happy with what he finds.

No amount of porting without welding will direct the air where it needs to go.

It's a shame someone took the time to build a mold, and cast heads, and screw the pooch as bad as they did.

Maybe he can find something with them. If he does he can make some money with them if there's not to much time put into it for the gain.  

Just research mainly, when I build the 598 I will have my short block to build off of. I will only need new pistons and a different tunnel ram (besides the PC heads). There will surely be some welding and lots of porting.

I would ideally like to dyno the engine before and after the work to the heads for comparison's sake.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  70FB January 24th 2014, 11:37 pm

yellowhorse7 wrote:Nick's new Avatar  Twisted Evil  FTW!!!!!
X2^^^
70FB
70FB
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug January 25th 2014, 8:34 am

bigblok2000ranger wrote:
the Coug wrote:
bigblok2000ranger wrote:
yellowhorse7 wrote:

I'll say this....

https://www.429-460.com/t19601-wanted-1-pro-comp-460-head-damaged-or-bare

I think I spelled it out pretty clear here.

Malard you have been here sense 2010 and have not given any information that has any use so far why start now?
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  dirt_worker January 25th 2014, 11:51 am

^^^wow...if that's not the pot calling the kettle black. Way to go Mr Obvious.
dirt_worker
dirt_worker

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 January 25th 2014, 12:28 pm

dirt_worker wrote:^^^wow...if that's not the pot calling the kettle black. Way to go Mr Obvious.

i'm glad you said it....
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird January 25th 2014, 1:42 pm

cheers  lol!  king 
dirt_worker wrote:^^^wow...if that's not the pot calling the kettle black. Way to go Mr Obvious.
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Gary Blair January 25th 2014, 2:05 pm

KY JELLY wrote:
Gary Blair wrote:

I like them fine i am sure everyone has their favorite. As far as whats best all around , best for the buck , best for application everone will have an opinion on that . One thing i think alot of people dont think about is when they make that step from the different cj style heads is they usually get an aftermarket block and  A , C , profiler ,etc . Before you know it you just gained 150 - 175lbs . When you get to that level of performance a 100lbs is worth a 100 horsepower. What i am saying is if you have a good running scj type engine and step up you will have 100 - 150 hp busy packing that extra weight.

I agree. Last time I drug an Eliminator block around it flattened the tires on my hand truck. LOL I sold all my C-460 stuff. I have an A-460 18 bolt and a B-460 10 bolt Hemi block left. The B-460 is a little lighter maybe 15 lbs.

Roughly 75 lbs is a tenth. I think if a racer wants to build using an aftermarket iron block it would be to their advantage to use a cylinder head that at the minimum could make 1200 HP. Like you're saying you have to overcome that extra weight if you want every last hundreth.
Gary Blair
Gary Blair

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior January 25th 2014, 6:25 pm

If you knuckle draggers can't tone it down, This one is done too...
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper January 25th 2014, 6:43 pm

Knuckle dragger's union leader has a message for all you P51 fanboi's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDfZGPqxs5g
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney January 25th 2014, 6:48 pm

QtrWarrior wrote:If you knuckle draggers can't tone it down, This one is done too...
But coug can say whatever he wants. Is this selective moderating again. I havent come on here in months. Its still the same hypocracy and good ol boy non sense. Only seven people post regularly and theres nothing new. You yuck yucks dont need a forum. You just need a once a month conference call. I dont know why I let myself be talked into coming on here again.
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior January 25th 2014, 6:51 pm

Yuck Yuck on this...................
the only thing I deleted was the last few comments with all the "colorful" language...
And I have done it to the Coug too.. so that argument ain't flying here...

Ain't no good old boy stuff with me...you cuss or get colorful.. it gets deleted..no more no less...

Problem with that ?????
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  NOS42 January 25th 2014, 6:58 pm

I hardly say anything and my statements get deleted.... must be I'm not in the posse group.... whatever
NOS42
NOS42

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney January 25th 2014, 7:00 pm

So if I said coug your useless. Youve never had or done anything. You insult people constantly but have never done or will do anything worth me having to share air with. You need to do society a favor and forget what a computer is. If you were standing in front of me I would pea on your shoes and beg you to act like you want trouble. Then I would tell you to get your shinebox... better????
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next