BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Engine build question??? a little more help , Please!

4 posters

Go down

Engine build question??? a little more help , Please! Empty Engine build question??? a little more help , Please!

Post  racinghabbit January 6th 2014, 11:30 pm

I have a stock crankshaft in a motor and i also have a set of SRP154166 pistons for a 501 stroker. My question is , Is there any eagle rods i could put in this motor so i can use the pistons??? trying to save money.... thanks

Last edited by racinghabbit on January 25th 2014, 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
racinghabbit
racinghabbit

Back to top Go down

Engine build question??? a little more help , Please! Empty Re: Engine build question??? a little more help , Please!

Post  rmcomprandy January 7th 2014, 11:07 am

racinghabbit wrote:I have a stock crankshaft in a motor and i also have a set of SRP154166 pistons for a 501 stroker. My question is , Is there any eagle rods i could put in this motor so i can use the pistons??? trying to save money.... thanks

not "OUT OF THE BOX" ...
C A T , (before they went out of business), used to offer a 6.800" length rod with a Ford journal size but, the small end would need to get re-bushed to .990" for your pistons; then it would be close.

Just have that crank offset ground to 4.140" stroke with a 2.200" journal and get that assembly balanced ...THAT would be the least expensive way to make good use of those pistons.

Last edited by rmcomprandy on January 7th 2014, 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Engine build question??? a little more help , Please! Empty Re: Engine build question??? a little more help , Please!

Post  racinghabbit January 7th 2014, 1:15 pm

what rods would I buy then?
racinghabbit
racinghabbit

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy January 7th 2014, 1:22 pm

racinghabbit wrote:what rods would I buy then?

With an offset ground crank ... pick a brand and type of 6.700" length rods for the 2.200" journal size with a .990" diameter wrist pin; there are several available from a lot of companies.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  racinghabbit January 8th 2014, 9:29 pm

Can i use a stock 1968 crankshaft for this? If i have it offset ground are the oil gallies going to be good location still?
racinghabbit
racinghabbit

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 January 9th 2014, 4:32 pm

racinghabbit wrote:Can i use a stock 1968 crankshaft for this?  If i have it offset ground are the oil gallies going to be good location still?
that crank will work fine
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  racinghabbit January 24th 2014, 6:55 pm

EAGLE CRS67003D H BEAM CONNECTING RODS How about these??? Look like it to me but just double checking....
racinghabbit
racinghabbit

Back to top Go down

Post  racinghabbit January 27th 2014, 1:27 pm

... last post help...
racinghabbit
racinghabbit

Back to top Go down

Post  70FB January 27th 2014, 4:53 pm

racinghabbit wrote:EAGLE CRS67003D H BEAM CONNECTING RODS How about these??? Look like it to me but just double checking....
Thats it. I have those in mine.
70FB
70FB
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  racinghabbit January 30th 2014, 3:36 pm

Thanks for the help !
racinghabbit
racinghabbit

Back to top Go down

Post  racinghabbit January 30th 2014, 3:40 pm

perfect
racinghabbit
racinghabbit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down