BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New here ,new project

5 posters

Go down

New here ,new project Empty New here ,new project

Post  Bigred69 November 8th 2013, 10:56 am

I have a 69 Fairlane 500 that I am putting together a 429 motor for. My plans are for it to be a stockish street cruiser with a few mods. Been contemplating whether to use D0VE-C heads or D3VE's. Main reason for indecision is compression . My motor is out of a 72 Torino and had the D2 door stops on it. Plan on installing a mild RV cam , and have a Streetmaster intake also. The car will be stripped of all chrome and will be setup similar to a NASCAR profile with wide tires , and black D slot wheels. I am in the process of shaving as much of the shock towers from each side to make things a little easier for the transition. I plan on tabbing my own headers using as much scrap tubing ,with new header flanges. Going with a remote oil filter, and most likely a 1 1/8" front BBF sway bar. I will be poking around here for info on a daily basis, and I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else is doing.
Bigred69
Bigred69

Back to top Go down

New here ,new project Empty Re: New here ,new project

Post  QtrWarrior November 8th 2013, 11:44 am

Welcome !!!

That didn't take long...lol Cool 
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave C. November 8th 2013, 11:54 am

Welcome!

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigred69 November 8th 2013, 12:05 pm

QtrWarrior wrote:Welcome !!!

That didn't take long...lol   Cool 
Dave C. wrote:Welcome!

Hahahaha. Thanks guys. Gonna have a lot of questions.
Bigred69
Bigred69

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug November 8th 2013, 2:25 pm

Bigred69 wrote: Thanks guys. Gonna have a lot of questions.

Big Red no problems on the Questions we have people here that couldn't tie their shoe lace, every bolt they tighten the have problems with:shock: 
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigred69 November 8th 2013, 7:37 pm

the Coug wrote:
Bigred69 wrote: Thanks guys. Gonna have a lot of questions.
Big Red no problems on the Questions we have people here that couldn't tie their shoe lace, every bolt they tighten the have problems with:shock: 
Hahaha. I know what you mean. My project changes on a daily basis. My wife can't figure. Out why I want to sell my nice aluminum wheels for some plain D slots. But ,she knows I have a plan......and she's seen me build some motorcycles that in the beginning she thought looked like crap. Then she changed her mind after seeing the finished product. This is going to be a fun car to drive!
Bigred69
Bigred69

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigred69 November 18th 2013, 8:31 pm

My new C8 heads arrived Saturday evening, finally. New ford racing valves hardened seats, new springs, and ready to bolt on. Getting gaskets and other small items together to go back together with the motor. I'm decided the stock intake manifold is what I will use,. Would an Edlebrock performer work better than the stock cast iron?
Bigred69
Bigred69

Back to top Go down

Post  dave d November 20th 2013, 7:52 pm

Just my thoughts on the intake is Yes use the edelbrock save weight and I'm sure it flows better then the cast,you might want to think about maybe a wiend stealth or torker 2 intake. my 2cents worth. good luck with the build
dave d
dave d

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down