BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edelbrocks new E heads

2 posters

Go down

Edelbrocks new E heads Empty Edelbrocks new E heads

Post  jasonf October 28th 2009, 8:07 pm

I posted this here because it has to do with small blocks plus it is not a tech question but I am looking more for opinions. If you are just gonna post Edelbrock sucks then please pass on. My daughter has a 93 lx 5.0l so that is what has me looking at these parts in the first place.

I have been reading about the new E heads that are made to fight the procomps and other cheap heads but I have to ask "are they worth it"? In this months MM&FF they added a set and the made a measly 30 hspr. A thousand smackers for 30 hspr in the 5.0l days is unheard off. That is crazy. Now the new cars I can see because they are already so much more efficient that the power doesn't come so easy but back then more power was always easy (obviously to a point). It seems like the twisted wedge and Afr heads are that much better of a deal for $200 more smackers.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Edelbrocks new E heads Empty Re: Edelbrocks new E heads

Post  maverick October 28th 2009, 8:21 pm

When I was playing with small blocks, the best bang for the buck was a twisted wedge. I'll bet things haven't changed much.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down