BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

round about cost to mill an intake?

+3
the Coug
rmcomprandy
tconnection
7 posters

Go down

round about cost to mill an intake? Empty round about cost to mill an intake?

Post  tconnection July 7th 2013, 5:58 pm

Average cost for milling a intake on the two port sides?
Thanks

tconnection

Back to top Go down

round about cost to mill an intake? Empty Re: round about cost to mill an intake?

Post  rmcomprandy July 7th 2013, 7:32 pm

tconnection wrote:Average cost for milling a intake on the two port sides?
Thanks

Around a hundred bucks is a pretty fair price.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

round about cost to mill an intake? Empty Re: round about cost to mill an intake?

Post  tconnection July 7th 2013, 11:22 pm

Ok thanks.

tconnection

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug July 10th 2013, 5:16 am

You do know if you mill the intake you make it a one off Bastard piece? Why you guys want to do this is unreal, Mill the intake side of the heads so you don't Bastardize the intake. If you Bastardize it you will have hell selling it unless you sell the heads with it....Rolling Eyes 
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 July 10th 2013, 5:45 am

the Coug wrote:You do know if you mill the intake you make it a one off Bastard piece? Why you guys want to do this is unreal, Mill the intake side of the heads so you don't Bastardize the intake. If you Bastardize it you will have hell selling it unless you sell the heads with it....Rolling Eyes 

Stop being a dink Coug.... So you mill and intake to match some heads who gives a sheet........ I guess it would be better to buy some new heads right? Got to save that intake.......
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug July 10th 2013, 1:33 pm

dfree383 wrote:
the Coug wrote:You do know if you mill the intake you make it a one off Bastard piece? Why you guys want to do this is unreal, Mill the intake side of the heads so you don't Bastardize the intake. If you Bastardize it you will have hell selling it unless you sell the heads with it....Rolling Eyes 

Stop being a dink Coug....  So you mill and intake to match some heads who gives a sheet........ I guess it would be better to buy some new heads right? Got to save that intake.......

No you Dork you mill the intake side of the head so as no to Bastardize the intake.... don't you have a camel to stump break?
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 July 10th 2013, 2:06 pm

the Coug wrote:
dfree383 wrote:

Stop being a dink Coug....  So you mill and intake to match some heads who gives a sheet........ I guess it would be better to buy some new heads right? Got to save that intake.......

No you Dork you mill the intake side of the head so as no to Bastardize the intake.... don't you have a camel to stump break?

Razz Razz Razz Laughing Laughing Laughing cheers cheers 

See if you can smoke that in yo pipe
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick July 10th 2013, 2:09 pm

scratch 
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick July 10th 2013, 2:12 pm

tconnection wrote:Ok thanks.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I thought this thread was finished with that post. Shows what I know.Rolling Eyes 
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 July 10th 2013, 2:14 pm

maverick wrote:
tconnection wrote:Ok thanks.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I thought this thread was finished with that post.  Shows what I know.Rolling Eyes 

Your 61 years old and still capable of learning...............Wink Very Happy 
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick July 10th 2013, 2:15 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing 
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick July 10th 2013, 2:29 pm

I bet tconnection was happy with Randy's response. I figure he took that answer and ran with it, not looking back to see that he had knocked the lid off a slopjar by asking an innocuous question.Laughing 

Sorry about the "innocuous" thing, but I was searching for a word to keep this thread alive.Razz 
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 July 10th 2013, 2:39 pm

maverick wrote:I bet tconnection was happy with Randy's response.  I figure he took that answer and ran with it, not looking back to see that he had knocked the lid off a slopjar by asking an innocuous question.Laughing 

Sorry about the "innocuous" thing, but I was searching for a word to keep this thread alive.Razz 

The words for today are (Dork, Bastardize, Stump break, Dink, Camel, Slop jar, and Innocuous) cheers 

Just a regular cornucopia of higher learning..............lol! 
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick July 10th 2013, 2:42 pm

Add "cornucopia".
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans July 10th 2013, 2:49 pm

You guys sure do talk nasty Razz 

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick July 10th 2013, 2:51 pm

Nasty is acceptable in the interest of higher learning.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans July 10th 2013, 2:59 pm

maverick wrote:Nasty is acceptable in the interest of higher learning.

Only up to the point of bastardizing the process.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy July 10th 2013, 11:40 pm

I guess when an intake flange is warped a bunch or the flange angles are not correct,  (most aftermarket manifolds are not exactly correct when right out of the box), you should cut the heads to match the manifold so, you don't bastardize that intake ... just bastardize the heads instead.

I DON'T THINK SO ...

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 July 11th 2013, 8:03 am

the Coug wrote:
dfree383 wrote:

All the camels are broke in here (the locals are into it)......... I was thinking you had a few fresh Cows to break in after spring? Razz 
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  tconnection July 12th 2013, 12:00 am

Ok, in order to have the heads milled on the intake side i would auctually have to pull the engine out because the heads are on head studs and this is an aheaded motor. There is no room. I Guess this is gonna have to be a custom bastard. Im just ready for it all to be flawless and running good.
Thanks

Last edited by tconnection on July 12th 2013, 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

tconnection

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 July 12th 2013, 9:21 am

tconnection wrote:Ok, in order to have the heads milled on the intake side i would auctually have to pull the engine out because the heads are on head studs and this is an aheaded motor. There is no room. I Guess this is gonna have to be custom bastard. Im just ready for it all to be flawless and running good.
Thanks

There are always things to consider that may not be seen at a glance that changes your game plan...........
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down