BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

flex seal

3 posters

Go down

flex seal Empty flex seal

Post  jmf32 June 19th 2013, 11:48 pm

Hi,
I pulled my intake manifold today to replace the leaky front and rear rubber intake manifold gaskets. i replaced the rubber gaskets with cork ones that i found. i reused the intake gasket since it was a felpro with the blue o rings built in. All went well. i had a thought of wondering if  that flexseal stuff could be used as a gasket spray to help fill some voids. etc.
It is some type of rubber spray and i had a few thoughts like maybe using it to help seal rear end housings etc.
I know that it is for gutters etc. but just food for thought. 
Has anyone used the stuff? I seen it available in clear also. i think.....anyhow...

jmf32

Back to top Go down

flex seal Empty Re: flex seal

Post  richter69 June 19th 2013, 11:50 pm

we joke about that stuff at work all the time to use on these leaky pos 6.4s lol
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 June 19th 2013, 11:55 pm

I don't think I would use it on a engine gas and oil might eat it up and cause more problems I never use the rubber or cork gasket in the front and rear I use a real good bead of RTV let it sit until I can touch it without it sticking to my finger then put the intake on.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jmf32 June 20th 2013, 12:11 am

that is a good idea with the bead of silicone all the way across. i did put a bead of silicone in the corners. i used the cork ones with a coat of spray adhesive on the cork and i brushed the adhesive on the block. let it tack up then stuck them on. The rubber ones that i took off were split longways in the middle. i will never use the rubber ones again. i remember putting them on carefully and cinching the intake down evenly about 6 months ago but they started leaking when i ran the engine hard.

jmf32

Back to top Go down

Post  jmf32 June 20th 2013, 12:21 am

our news lady did a review on the flexseal and she sprayed a strainer with it then filled it with water later and it held the water.
it is at least that good.

jmf32

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down