BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Guy frm Texas/NM

3 posters

Go down

New Guy frm Texas/NM Empty New Guy frm Texas/NM

Post  Young460 May 31st 2013, 12:35 pm

Hey yall, just found this great forum today!

Well Im still a youngster debating whether I should buy a Fbodyproject from a local vendor here in el paso and working with my uncle to fix her up.

The guy is selling a
91 FoxBody no Motor in it
Short block 466
3.73 rear end
"FIVE LUG CONVERSION ROTORS UP FRONT WITH BRAN NEW CENTER LINE TELSTAR WHEELS"
"HAS PROBE FLATOP PISTONS(NEW) ARP ROD BOLTS AND FLEX PLATE BOLTS"
Over bore 4.390
Rebuilt holly 850 Carb
Rebuilt C6 tranny
460 motor mounts
new harmonic balancer

Here is the original post the guy has:
"I HAVE A 91 MUSTANG FOX BODY FOR SALE ...I BOUGHT THE CAR 9 YEARS AGO HOPEING TO MAKE A CRAZY STREET STRIP CAR BUT HAVENT HAD TIME TO DO IT SO ITS FOR SALE NOW...THE CAR HAS NO MOTOR IN IT( I HAVE A short BLOCK 466 FOR IT BUT THAT WILL EXTRA) THE CAR HAS 3.73 IN THE REAR END I HAVE FIVE LUG CONVERSION ROTORS UP FRONT WITH BRAN NEW CENTER LINE TELSTAR WHEELS I PAYED 1000 FOR THE MUSTANG WHEN I BOUGHT IT AND SPENT APROXX 800 DOLLARS ON THE FRONT WHEELS TIRES AND ROTORS...WILL SELL THE 466 WITH AND CUT A DEAL IF NEED BE....I NEED TO MAKE ROOM FOR ANOTHER PROJECT SO I NEED TO SELL THIS STUFF QUICK...GREAT PROJECT FOR AN AWSOME STREET CAR IF U WANT THE MOTOR IT HAS BEEN FULLY BALLANCED. HAS PROBE FLATOP PISTONS(NEW) ARP ROD BOLTS AND FLEX PLATE BOLTS (NEW) BORED .030 OVER BORE IS NOW 4.390 HAVE NEW RINGS AND BEARING AND ROLLER CAM BEARINGS IN....NEW HARMONIC BALLANCER ...SUPPOSED TO MAKE 596 HSPOWER AND 640 LBS OF TORQUE..I ALSO HAVE FORD FOX BODY 460 SWAP MOTOR MOUNTS AND A NEW FORD RACEING FOX BODY 460 SWAP OIL PAN...AND A NEW 16 GALLON FUEL CELL AND A NEWLY REBUILT HOLLY 850 CARB.. THE MUCH SOUGHT AFTER DOVE-C HEADS ...ALSO A NEWLY REBUILT C6 TRANY.....JUST THE MOTOR ALONE I HAVE SPENT ALMOST 3000$ ON ...AND WITH THE CAR ITS ABOUT A 4500 DOLLAR VALUE.....EVERY GOES FOR 2000.00$ OR MOTOR ALONE 1500$ OR MUSTANG ALONE 800.00$ OR BEST OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I would like some advise whether its a good buy and what other stuff would i need to purchase.

I apologize im not car literate yet or know how to work on one besides BASIC TUNE UPS.
I will read/look at videos call people to get the car done the right way (if my uncle doesnt know how) :/

budget is 5k as of right now.

I hope my age and drive isnt frowned upon.

Young460

Back to top Go down

New Guy frm Texas/NM Empty Re: New Guy frm Texas/NM

Post  Dave C. May 31st 2013, 3:51 pm

Welcome to the site! Sounds like a good price if you 're wanting to build a car.. The internet, and sites like this ,make it a lot easier to gather knowledge these days.....Be forewarned , racing is expensive and time consuming. Good luck to you! Very Happy

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Post  Young460 May 31st 2013, 3:55 pm

Dave C. wrote:Welcome to the site! Sounds like a good price if you 're wanting to build a car.. The internet, and sites like this ,make it a lot easier to gather knowledge these days.....Be forewarned , racing is expensive and time consuming. Good luck to you! Very Happy

Thanks for the welcome and advise ill keep it in mind before making any big decisions.

Young460

Back to top Go down

Post  bigjohn2007 June 4th 2013, 6:29 pm

Welcome to the site............
bigjohn2007
bigjohn2007
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content