BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Thread Sealant For Gas Fittings ?

+4
richter69
69F100
bigjohn2007
colormebad
8 posters

Go down

Best Thread Sealant For Gas Fittings ?  Empty Best Thread Sealant For Gas Fittings ?

Post  colormebad April 9th 2013, 5:45 pm

What seems to be the best sealant for gas fittings ? These holly regulators just won't seal off good with other stuff i have tryed..All other fittings use o-rings , which work great...I bought some loctite at a local tractor shops that says it seals gas fittings, and other fittings i just put on the reg's, but haven't fired up the pump yet.. Loctite PST 592 is what i just put on the threads..Will know soon....Also bought some Permatex 80632 thread sealant with PTFE if the above don't work....thanks

colormebad

Back to top Go down

Best Thread Sealant For Gas Fittings ?  Empty Re: Best Thread Sealant For Gas Fittings ?

Post  bigjohn2007 April 9th 2013, 5:57 pm

IMO i would not use loctite instead Permatex #56521 has always work for me.Just make sure to just run around the threads and do get in your fuel system.
bigjohn2007
bigjohn2007
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Best Thread Sealant For Gas Fittings ?  Empty Re: Best Thread Sealant For Gas Fittings ?

Post  69F100 April 9th 2013, 6:24 pm

I am a cheapo I use rtv I just make sure they are not any on the first couple treads srew it in and whipe the extra off .I have not had one leak on mine yet knock on wood.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 April 9th 2013, 8:43 pm

teflon paste
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy April 9th 2013, 9:19 pm

colormebad wrote:What seems to be the best sealant for gas fittings ? These holly regulators just won't seal off good with other stuff i have tryed..All other fittings use o-rings , which work great...I bought some loctite at a local tractor shops that says it seals gas fittings, and other fittings i just put on the reg's, but haven't fired up the pump yet.. Loctite PST 592 is what i just put on the threads..Will know soon....Also bought some Permatex 80632 thread sealant with PTFE if the above don't work....thanks

Old fashon teflon TAPE works fine for me.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett April 10th 2013, 8:20 am

richter69 wrote:teflon paste

Works fine, last long time. No issues for me either.
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE April 11th 2013, 7:14 am

Teflon paste & tape have both worked OK on gas stuff for me. But for brake stuff the teflon paste is about the best vs anything else (for me anyway).
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug April 15th 2013, 8:46 am

here is a Tip when using thread sealer on Aluminum use a liquid thread sealer, in cast Iron use Liquid or tape, using tape on aluminum will Crack if not very careful. The liquid will displace as it is threaded in and seal, the tape will not and will spread the softer Aluminum and more than likely break it....
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down