BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much radiator for 580ci

3 posters

Go down

How much radiator for 580ci Empty How much radiator for 580ci

Post  tconnection March 12th 2013, 12:43 pm

About how much radiator is required to cool or kinda cool a 580ci 14:1cr? 1/8 mile drag only, manual water pump. I have a good fan but thin radiator. Just kinda wondering what would bout work.

tconnection

Back to top Go down

How much radiator for 580ci Empty Re: How much radiator for 580ci

Post  maverick March 12th 2013, 4:10 pm

When you say "manual water pump", do you mean factory type belt driven?
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick March 12th 2013, 4:23 pm

If your car is alky fueled, you got no worries. Building heat can be as much of a problem as cooling.

If it's gas fueled and has an electric driven water pump, you won't need a big radiator unless you're in the final hot laps at Pinks All Out. Razz I guess it just depends on how hot you're willing to let it get. In my case, 210* or 215* is about all I want before it starts filling the overflow can, but that's no big deal as long as fluid doesn't get on the track. Just be sure to use a good electric fan and shroud...that way you can let 'er get hot during the run, then run the pump and fan in the pits to cool it down. That only takes a few minutes for me. I'm using a Scirocco style radiator and Meziere remote water pump.

If you have a belt driven pump and fan, you're gonna need a rockin' cooling system to keep that thing happy all the time.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon March 12th 2013, 7:28 pm

ON GAS,The belt driven pump is not going to cut it in any condition w/that much c/r and inches imo. If it's a racing app. you WILL need a good elec. pump,big radiator,and probably a shroud. Like Maverick said,if you get in the late rounds,you are have to have a way to cool it down quick .

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down