BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cooling system ?

+2
richter69
bruno
6 posters

Go down

cooling system ? Empty cooling system ?

Post  bruno February 13th 2013, 10:57 pm

i would like to completely get rid of my cooling system ? who has any experince with no cooling ? what are your temps , do you still have the pump on to circulate the system ? or do you just have the overflow canister ??? just curious

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

cooling system ? Empty Re: cooling system ?

Post  richter69 February 13th 2013, 11:04 pm

for what your doing icewater tank in the trunk.........

I did the no rad deal with the inj, i didnt need the extra cooling, you need to pump water through the heads.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 February 13th 2013, 11:43 pm

you go'n on meth Nick? Laughing
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  John Myrick February 14th 2013, 12:08 am

I just bought this for mine but, I'm going with meth so heat won't be a problem
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/der-15876
John Myrick
John Myrick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  67460 February 14th 2013, 11:42 pm

John Myrick wrote:I just bought this for mine but, I'm going with meth so heat won't be a problem
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/der-15876

Just install a Derale cooler with fan in the rear for the trans, Would be cool to also locate another one in the rear in place of a radiator. Get some of the that weight off the front and put in the rear.

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper February 15th 2013, 1:41 pm

Done it a lot. Many different ways. With an external pit chiller I would put a small tank for cold water somewhere the weight is needed with an overflow behind the rear tires. Circulate water in pits to chill motor down to 90-95*. Tow to lanes and drive back to pits if you want. Only circulate through the heads but leave some water in the block. Your temp will not rise very fast at all. Only a small water pump is needed for this on the car, like a sump pump in the tank. Get back to pit and chill back down.

The trans cooler can be lost too really if you build some sort of cooling system in the pits. And for you that are laughing, call any tranny guy and ask how much fluid is moved in the 30sec to minute the car is actually running. Use good fluid with a deep pan and loop the lines then chill it off too in the pits.

Motor might raise 25-30*.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 February 15th 2013, 10:22 pm

whatbumper wrote:Done it a lot. Many different ways. With an external pit chiller I would put a small tank for cold water somewhere the weight is needed with an overflow behind the rear tires. Circulate water in pits to chill motor down to 90-95*. Tow to lanes and drive back to pits if you want. Only circulate through the heads but leave some water in the block. Your temp will not rise very fast at all. Only a small water pump is needed for this on the car, like a sump pump in the tank. Get back to pit and chill back down.

The trans cooler can be lost too really if you build some sort of cooling system in the pits. And for you that are laughing, call any tranny guy and ask how much fluid is moved in the 30sec to minute the car is actually running. Use good fluid with a deep pan and loop the lines then chill it off too in the pits.

Motor might raise 25-30*.
i know some blown pulling trucks with T400's that dont use a trans cooler Shocked they dont have problems either.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down