BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jet sizes for a dual carbed 466

3 posters

Go down

Jet sizes for a dual carbed 466 Empty Jet sizes for a dual carbed 466

Post  57custom February 5th 2013, 7:49 pm

466 for my 63 fairlane for some fun this summer, in fact the engine is already assembled now. I am using what I have to keep the costs down. I have a Weiand tunnel ram with 2 600 holleys that I have modified for mechanical secondary opening. I have two older NOS cheater systems plates on it and am now plumbing in my nos lines. I need to know what size jests to put in it for fuel and nitruos. I have the old formula as far as fuel vs nitrous but it seems that the jet sizes are different now. just need to know where to start. I do have 2 fuel pumps and 2 dedicated lines to both the carbs and nitrous. Both are powered by holley black fuel pumps and are deadheaded as I need to start somewhere and this system worked very well on my 57 when i had a Pro stock enginerring tunnel ram on the 390 that was in it at the time. So I know it will work. Another question when flaring the lines for fittings do you have to do a double flare like brake lines or will the single flare be ok with the small flare sleeves that came with the original system. I am just a day or two of work away from having this all done so I can dyno this engine to get it ready for installation when i am ready for that when the weather breaks. The car is not legal for nines but if it works out like I think it will I will have to update it to run all out so they don't kick me off the strip after one pass. I am assuming that the car NA will be somewhere into the low 11's. I know it works as I am the only guy that I am aware of who ran a y-block nitrous powered that ran low 12's in a 3800+ pound 57 fairlane. Not bragging just letting you guys know that I have some knowledge about this stuff. Smile
57custom
57custom

Back to top Go down

Jet sizes for a dual carbed 466 Empty Re: Jet sizes for a dual carbed 466

Post  quick 52 February 6th 2013, 6:54 pm

what kind of power do you what out of the dual plate system.

quick 52

Back to top Go down

Jet sizes for a dual carbed 466 Empty To start with

Post  57custom February 6th 2013, 7:32 pm

I want 100 hp per plate to start with. I might add this engine does have approximately 12 to 1 comp. So I will be using 110 octane and am planning on a water meth injector. Some might think this is crazy but the water meth deal is to show my son a little something. As I show him this and he just shakes his head. Embarassed Oh by the way he has a Ken Bell blown 2003 mustang Cobra so that makes him kind of a techie. Now if I can pursuade him to get it out on the road this year. Very Happy
57custom
57custom

Back to top Go down

Post  quick 52 February 7th 2013, 7:03 am

this is the tune i use for a 100 hit 50n 42f 5.5psi fp and 28* total timing if your using 2 plate i would turn that timing down alittle more around 22* to 24* plus get some retracked tip plugs in the 10 heat range thats with ngk. using 2 plates it may be alittle rich

quick 52

Back to top Go down

Post  Induction-Solutions February 11th 2013, 1:23 pm

quick 52 wrote: this is the tune i use for a 100 hit 50n 42f 5.5psi fp and 28* total timing if your using 2 plate i would turn that timing down alittle more around 22* to 24* plus get some retracked tip plugs in the 10 heat range thats with ngk. using 2 plates it may be alittle rich

These nitrous numbers are probably pretty close, but the fuel jet will likey need to be quite a bit smaller to get the systems cleaned up. The nitrous solenoid used as well as the lean/richness of the carbs will also play a big part in the tune.. Again depending on the parts used we have flowed systems like this that need 20-30 numbers smaller fuel jets to get a clean nitrous to fuel ratio.. just a little food for thought.. Thanks, SJ

Brooksville, Fl. 34604
Shop 352-593-5900
Cell 815-341-8853
www.InductionSolutions.com
Induction-Solutions
Induction-Solutions
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

http://www.InductionSolutions.com

Back to top Go down

Jet sizes for a dual carbed 466 Empty I found out what the compression is

Post  57custom February 26th 2013, 8:19 am

on this engine as I thought it was around 12.5 to 1 but it isn't. As I posted on another post trying to figure it out and the numbers come up as it being right at 14 to1. As I was going to add water methanol injection to this engine now it will be even more necessary to do it. I talked to Snow performance yesterday and the tech that I talked to said that this engine using 110 octane and water/meth injection would be easily capable of avoiding detonation. He was not sure about 93 octane and indicated that cylinder pressure and camshaft would be the telling point on that. Has anybody on this forum tried water/meth injection when running a compression ratio that turned out higher than expected? I imagine that I will be kind of a guinea pig in our area as I have yet to see anyone with this setup. But then again I don't look at all the brand X cars that are running as most of them have WAY more money in them than their owners will admit to. Smile I know I could pull it all apart and buy new forged pistons and rebalance and reassemble it but in the end it would be most likely be a bit more money than trying this method.
57custom
57custom

Back to top Go down

Post  Induction-Solutions February 27th 2013, 7:31 am

Really you have options here. You really haven't posted many specs on the engine but one option would be to simply put a thicker head gasket on depending what it has now ??

We are starting to work with water injection as well. It can help too. The fuel you choose will help as with that much compression maybe even going to a higher octane nitrous fuel would make good sense.. Thanks, SJ

Brooksville, Fl. 34604
Shop 352-593-5900
Cell 815-341-8853
www.InductionSolutions.com
Induction-Solutions
Induction-Solutions
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

http://www.InductionSolutions.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content