BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

any benifits to running Aluminum rods. ?

+5
Lem Evans
Barney
jonny z racing
bruno
2fox
9 posters

Go down

any benifits to running Aluminum rods. ? Empty any benifits to running Aluminum rods. ?

Post  2fox January 25th 2013, 6:47 am

Stroked. Build.cubes undecided as of now. This will be a.full race.car lightweight fox body.it wont see much track du the one that goes out. Just to get my fastest time then.park it for months or years. With a big nasty solid.roller.cam with jessel shaft system is to good to losen all the rockers to there close valve position?
It.like this my 83GT 408 has 8 total passes last time I run was in 7/2006. Motor has 70 miles on it 50 of.them where for break in time in time.in the neighborhood. It.might be run maybe 2-3 times as.much

Iam.not.a.bracket racer running in any classes. Just for fastest ET only them parkit.when I do that it don't break and can get on other car projects I have. If ypy don't drive it. It wont break.
how much aluminum rod.stretch occurs when.heated up. 030-.060 ?
or would.steel.HBeams be just as light? I.want.a light roation assy. But is that OK.for.say a 4.500 stroke. Any.grinding on Bloch needed? Thanks.again 385 series people.God bless will all have a great Friday!

2fox

Back to top Go down

any benifits to running Aluminum rods. ? Empty Re: any benifits to running Aluminum rods. ?

Post  bruno January 25th 2013, 10:02 am

less rotating mass , accelerate faster , easier on the bearings /crank ...just my .02

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

any benifits to running Aluminum rods. ? Empty Re: any benifits to running Aluminum rods. ?

Post  jonny z racing February 3rd 2013, 6:49 pm

got a chance ove getting a set ove childs & albert alloy con rod,s at a great price, so would they be good choice for ma 429.? cheers guy,s jonny Very Happy Very Happy
jonny z racing
jonny z racing

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney February 3rd 2013, 8:52 pm

bruno wrote:less rotating mass , accelerate faster , easier on the bearings /crank ...just my .02
What he said...especially in a power adder application.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans February 3rd 2013, 9:11 pm

Any down side?

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney February 3rd 2013, 9:44 pm

Length of service. Cost.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 3rd 2013, 9:55 pm

honestly a good h beam with 2000 series bolts will serve you well.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

any benifits to running Aluminum rods. ? Empty I don't understand this

Post  57custom February 4th 2013, 10:53 pm

Put a s##t load of money in a car to go for a good et and speed and then park it for months or years. What am I missing here? Shocked Is this anything like having a "trophy wife" ? Crying or Very sad Sorry guys I just had to ask.
57custom
57custom

Back to top Go down

Post  2fox February 4th 2013, 11:05 pm

57custom wrote:Put a s##t load of money in a car to go for a good et and speed and then park it for months or years. What am I missing here? Shocked Is this anything like having a "trophy wife" ? Crying or Very sad Sorry guys I just had to ask.
OP here. No I just lost interrest in my cars cause I got to many of them.
I was told by a long time racer with a 408 SBC got over 400 passes at the strip before one let loose.he keeps it in the 10.0's to be legal but will go.quicker. I will talk to him soon to verify if it was More than that on them.strip car o ly on 80 Elco.

Anything to make me run quicker I want. Without going over board on a set of 4500 dollar heads
who makes a good alum rod?.links and how much what about balance?

2fox

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 February 4th 2013, 11:12 pm

Spending the extra money on the heads will make things go faster, your not going to see the difference in the aluminum rods.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  2fox February 4th 2013, 11:37 pm

dfree383 wrote:Spending the extra money on the heads will make things go faster, your not going to see the difference in the aluminum rods.
am not trying to be the baddest on the planet just want to run 10.0's on all motor.than hit the juice all 250 of it to get My 8.** time slip. That's all I want.

2fox

Back to top Go down

any benifits to running Aluminum rods. ? Empty 408 sbc going 10.0

Post  57custom February 4th 2013, 11:45 pm

was told by a long time racer with a 408 SBC got over 400 passes at the strip before one let loose.he keeps it in the 10.0's to be legal but will go.quicker. I will talk to him soon to verify if it was More than that on them.strip car o ly on 80 Elc

and 400 passes ain't a cheap motor by any means. Unless he is like a lot of them that buy somebody else's project for pennies on the dollar.or its very very light. Suspect
57custom
57custom

Back to top Go down

Post  2fox February 4th 2013, 11:59 pm

Well nevermind fellows, didn't mean.to start annything here. This post is now dead!

2fox

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper February 5th 2013, 12:19 am

Aluminum rods need to reserved for a more all out combo in my opinion. I run them in our turbo car and top sportsman deal that we tune but the other stuff is all steel rodded.

Warm up time is different at the track and length of service is less.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down