BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with dove heads with roller tip rockers

2 posters

Go down

Help with dove heads with roller tip rockers Empty Help with dove heads with roller tip rockers

Post  77ford January 11th 2013, 11:50 pm

I have some questions on these heads and rockers. I have never used roller tip rockers or these heads..

I am thinking of buy some dove-c heads fresh stock rebuild come with roller tip rockers, guide plates, hardened push rods..

I have a fresh 460 in my truck now but with d3 heads i want to swap to the dove but not real knowledgeable on this set up. The rockers aren't a necessity but if they have em might as well use them. These adjusted diff. from my d3's i believe not sure how to do them.

What needs to be done differently as far as set up from my stock d3's ..

I have read in the summit that heads may need machining with the guide plates what is required is this necessary ?

Why hardened push rods , wear against guide plates?

The owner said he tried the heads and had stock push rods and it bent or whore threw them and had to get hardened push rods?

I guess i am worried about causing problems switching my heads now are fine and have no problems , want to switch to better heads but dont want any headaches with the rockers etc.

What is a good cam for a 4x4 , like to get a little lope to it but not have to redo springs etc..

Any and all help-tips is appreciated..

77ford

Back to top Go down

Help with dove heads with roller tip rockers Empty Re: Help with dove heads with roller tip rockers

Post  69F100 January 12th 2013, 1:15 am

77ford wrote:I have some questions on these heads and rockers. I have never used roller tip rockers or these heads..

I am thinking of buy some dove-c heads fresh stock rebuild come with roller tip rockers, guide plates, hardened push rods..

I have a fresh 460 in my truck now but with d3 heads i want to swap to the dove but not real knowledgeable on this set up. The rockers aren't a necessity but if they have em might as well use them. These adjusted diff. from my d3's i believe not sure how to do them?

They are a few different ways people do them not that hard to adjust once you get them set you want have to readjust them on a hydro cam solid cam is a different story

What needs to be done differently as far as set up from my stock d3's ..

I have read in the summit that heads may need machining with the guide plates what is required is this necessary ?

Yes they need to be machined for guide plate

Why hardened push rods , wear against guide plates?

Yes you need hardened push rods if you run the standard push rod you will be replacing them regular plus you will be putting metal in your oil which in return means worn engine bearing from the metal going through the oil and engine. You need the hardened so they don't whare out ar rhe guide plate

The owner said he tried the heads and had stock push rods and it bent or whore threw them and had to get hardened push rods?

I guess i am worried about causing problems switching my heads now are fine and have no problems , want to switch to better heads but dont want any headaches with the rockers etc.

What is a good cam for a 4x4 , like to get a little lope to it but not have to redo springs etc..

Any and all help-tips is appreciated..

69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Help with dove heads with roller tip rockers Empty Re: Help with dove heads with roller tip rockers

Post  77ford January 12th 2013, 9:11 pm

Thanks for the help.

77ford

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down