BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello

4 posters

Go down

Hello Empty Hello

Post  The Sasquach July 14th 2012, 8:43 pm

Hello all. I'm going to give you the short version. I live in lower Alabama, I have a '71 429 with D0VE block and heads. I will be building it and installing into a '61 F100 short step side. I have a fair amount of engine building experience, 6 in all, 2 Mopar 318, a Mopar 360, Mopar 383 (See a trend here), a 305 Chevy, and a Y Block Ford. all of which were successful builds some stock most not. This will be my first 385 build so I'm going to be relying on all your knowledge and kindness to help me plan this out and hopefully keep me headed in the right direction. Thank you all in advance. David

The Sasquach

Back to top Go down

Hello Empty Re: Hello

Post  cturk1010 July 15th 2012, 2:27 am

welcome how much hp you want to get out of the dove that is a good starting block

cturk1010

Back to top Go down

Post  The Sasquach July 15th 2012, 9:16 pm

I'm Looking to be in the 400 - 450 HP range this will be a street truck / mild play toy. Both the truck and the engine/ trans I'm installing have centamintal (sp?) value to both my Wife and I. The '61 Step Side truck was my Wife's deceased Grandfathers truck. He was the second owner but only driver the truck ever had. He was employed by Alabama Power for over 40 years,the truck was issued to him new as a Service truck By AL Power and when they decide to retire it and give him a new one he bought it from the company. It Still runs and Drives with the original inline 6 3 speed column shift manual. I'm planing on upgrading to power 4 wheel disc breaks, power steering, along with the 429 C6 I have.
The engine and trans came from a car I drove back in High School, a '71 LTD Country Squire Wagon, Given to me by my deceased Grandfather when he was only offered $250 trade in value for it. As any teenager back in the day would do I took a wagon and made it as cool as possible that a poor kid could. I added duel exhaust, glasspack mufflers, and Lincoln locked the 9 inch, and set about giving everyone that thought there cars were fast a hard time. My Wife and I even drove it to the Senior Prom. That ugly green and wood grain wagon is still talked about in Burke County Ga. lol. David

The Sasquach

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf July 16th 2012, 7:34 am

Welcome aboard. Those are cool trucks so you need to post up a picture of it.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  The Sasquach July 18th 2012, 10:11 am

When I get some time off from work this weekend I will post a pic, believe me it needs some work but honestly it isn't too bad.

The Sasquach

Back to top Go down

Post  cturk1010 July 18th 2012, 8:59 pm

that 400 to 450 hp should be an easy hit for that motor with just a few bolt on parts and a good cam sounds like a fun project though

cturk1010

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick July 26th 2012, 7:30 pm

Ah, yes....The Family Truckster in metallic pea. Laughing I'm in L.A. too. What town you in?
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum