BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dirt and spray.

3 posters

Go down

Dirt and spray. Empty Dirt and spray.

Post  FORDMUD June 4th 2012, 12:15 pm

Are there any hp calculators for 200' dirt drags? How many tenths is your kit worth to your truck? What size kit? Also are you running DOT or cut tires?
FORDMUD
FORDMUD

Back to top Go down

Dirt and spray. Empty Re: Dirt and spray.

Post  kjett June 4th 2012, 1:14 pm

FORDMUD wrote:Are there any hp calculators for 200' dirt drags? How many tenths is your kit worth to your truck? What size kit? Also are you running DOT or cut tires?

That's a lot of questions...

If you find someting for mud drags, you'll be lucky and it won't be right. Depending on where you are, mud is different. The 4 or so tracks I go to all have different types of mud and depending on the weather and time of day, it will change as well. So to give a definitive answer as to how many 10ths spray will drop off your time is hard to give. I can say that on spray and cut tires, I am much faster than on DOT tires and motor only.
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  FORDMUD June 4th 2012, 1:58 pm

I was mainly asking about dirt drags. Not in the mud.
FORDMUD
FORDMUD

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett June 4th 2012, 2:01 pm

A cut tire is going to give way more bite than an uncut tire. The thing is the lugs can't be too tall like a mud tire, for sand/dirt you want them short and wide.
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty June 4th 2012, 9:44 pm

The biggest advantage to cut tires is the reduction in rotating weight. They spin the motor up faster because the tires way up to 100# per tire less than uncut tires. Spray can really add a lot to the potential of any given engine in mud, because it is such a torque producer, and it takes a lot of torque to spin the big tires we run. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down