BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TRANS FLUID

+13
CDMBill
466cj
the Coug
kjett
Frank Merkl
Beast
69F100
Oldani
darren
bruno
whatbumper
richter69
powerstrokeace
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

TRANS FLUID - Page 2 Empty Re: TRANS FLUID

Post  whitefield May 15th 2012, 11:40 am

whatbumper wrote:most run 20 weight which is virtually the same as regular trans fluid. it's not the viscosity that is the selling point but rather the other chemical properties. kind of like this "magical" john deere hy-guard. we have run it for years but use the low viscosity (20w). doesnt tighten squat up but it's cheaper for us to buy that regular atf due to the fact that we get it in drums. now before all the "experts" chime in, the regular hy-guard is a little thicker and will effect the converter a little depending on the size of the converter, which pump is in it, what transmission and valve body you have and many other variables.

The amsoil works I have used it since 09 , but couldn't remember what weight I was using.
Cool Cool
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  wild pony May 15th 2012, 11:59 am

whatbumper wrote:most run 20 weight which is virtually the same as regular trans fluid. it's not the viscosity that is the selling point but rather the other chemical properties. kind of like this "magical" john deere hy-guard. we have run it for years but use the low viscosity (20w). doesnt tighten squat up but it's cheaper for us to buy that regular atf due to the fact that we get it in drums. now before all the "experts" chime in, the regular hy-guard is a little thicker and will effect the converter a little depending on the size of the converter, which pump is in it, what transmission and valve body you have and many other variables.

Hygard is pretty good stuff. the only difference in the low viscosity is its supposed to be better for cooler applications or weather . can't real tell a big enough difference between the two though.( and I have changed it in a lot of tractors use ) it all depends on its use though. all the hygards use the same additives and wear protection.
wild pony
wild pony

Back to top Go down

TRANS FLUID - Page 2 Empty Amsoil Price

Post  valleydawg May 18th 2012, 1:33 pm

Whatbumper - sending you a PM.

Forget that...I see no way to send it to you???
valleydawg
valleydawg

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper May 18th 2012, 4:21 pm

valleydawg wrote:Whatbumper - sending you a PM.

Forget that...I see no way to send it to you???

I guess i didnt get all the settings changed when I came back on this site.

either PM now or email me at jmminzen@gmail.com

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  droppedf100 August 12th 2012, 4:05 pm

Do people run the Hy-guard stuff in street driven cars? Or the Amsoil compressor fluid?
droppedf100
droppedf100

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2