BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from SOCAL

3 posters

Go down

Hello from SOCAL  Empty Hello from SOCAL

Post  SOCAL PETE December 2nd 2011, 11:27 am

Hello All
Well...I've been a small block Ford guy for many years. Finally have took the trip to the Big Block side of
the track.
I have a project 62 Comet Gasser. Yes straight axle. I am in the middle of deciding on a engine for the build. I have a 410 Fe engine and a 460. The 460 I picked up from a buddy. He pulled it from a 69 lincoln. To my knowledge that says..365hp an 500 ft.lb tq stock. Way more than the FE out of the hole. Yes it still has the 4v intake on it.
The FE engine.
FE 410 C6ME , with a 1U crank and 3.98 rods. but it now has to be bored to another .030 bringing it to 4.80
after the intial .020 bored was trashed.. It will need some
serious compression to make it run. It does have a few good things going for it. Edelbrock Aluminum heads, Edelbrock intake, deepsump oil pan and a TCI C-6 behind it. The bad. No adjustable rockers and custom pistons to get the compression up past 12.1.
The 460 parts. I got these for a song...a race go kart song. A buddy traded me all the parts for one.
D1VE block. Complete. two sets of .030 pistons. flat and domes forged, roads lifters, crower rollers,crower cam,crower springs, srowed pushroads and all new valves. cyclops
So you might see my issue. Nostalgia of the FE or just say the Hell with it and strap a shute on the 2100.lb car and lets circle the moon.
I am expecting 450-500 HP on the 410 and I have no idea what i can pull out of the 460. Any help here on
similar builds with cast heads? I'll read more of the post in the next couple of days.
Thanks.

SOCAL PETE

Back to top Go down

Hello from SOCAL  Empty Re: Hello from SOCAL

Post  Tony M December 2nd 2011, 2:59 pm

welcome to the site Pete ! Lots of info on here. I'm sure you will find what you need.
Tony M
Tony M

Back to top Go down

Hello from SOCAL  Empty Re: Hello from SOCAL

Post  bruno December 31st 2011, 10:18 am

welcome to the site Pete cheers

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno