BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear Main Seal

3 posters

Go down

Rear Main Seal Empty Rear Main Seal

Post  njstang87 August 15th 2011, 4:59 pm

Hey Guys,

I tried a search on this and didn't find what I was looking for. The main is leaking in the 460 we are about to swap into a mustang. My question is which seal do you recommend? It is mostly stock now. Will be doing ported heads, cam, intake, and carb in the near future. Advance has two that I was looking at. PN: 40032 & 2909. They are both felpro two piece. The 2909 says for high vaccum applications. Or should I look for a one piece. Thanks

njstang87

Back to top Go down

Rear Main Seal Empty Re: Rear Main Seal

Post  Gregaust August 16th 2011, 4:48 am

Lot of info here for you

http://www.460ford.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135753&referrerid=25042

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 August 16th 2011, 8:30 am

waycooljr
Cool
Oil leaking blues are S O L V E D!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely NO oil leaks from the rear main seal area. I set the crush as mentioned in a post before at .010" to .015" per seal half, installed a 1 piece oil pan gasket from Ford Racing, installed it, drove it around for 1.5hrs last night and the pan is still dry!!!! A 2.75 year battle conquered!!!!!!! Now that is how you spell relief!!!!
So to all who have paid attention to this thread, please remember to check the seal crush. I didn't really think about it, but it is damn important!!! Thank-you all whom have replied posts and have given me your input. It was all very helpful and I tech checked all your ideas on my application. Thanks again, and I'll be chatt'n ya later!!!!

waycooljr
Cool
Oil leaking blues are S O L V E D!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely NO oil leaks from the rear main seal area. I set the crush as mentioned in a post before at .010" to .015" per seal half, installed a 1 piece oil pan gasket from Ford Racing, installed it, drove it around for 1.5hrs last night and the pan is still dry!!!! A 2.75 year battle conquered!!!!!!! Now that is how you spell relief!!!!
So to all who have paid attention to this thread, please remember to check the seal crush. I didn't really think about it, but it is damn important!!! Thank-you all whom have replied posts and have given me your input. It was all very helpful and I tech checked all your ideas on my application. Thanks again, and I'll be chatt'n ya later!!!!

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  njstang87 August 16th 2011, 2:48 pm

Thank you guys

njstang87

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content