BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

checking voltage drain

2 posters

Go down

checking voltage drain Empty checking voltage drain

Post  johndickjr June 30th 2011, 7:41 pm

when checking for voltage drain on a vehicle , you disconnect the neg cable and hook up a test light , if its normal the light is barely on , if its high its bright, anyway i did this but not sure what normal is..so i am trying to hook up my multimeter, but not sure what to put the dial on

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

checking voltage drain Empty Re: checking voltage drain

Post  bigblockfox468 June 30th 2011, 10:05 pm

Not sure of your VOA meter but it should be set on DC volts.

I always thought with any kind of drain the test light would be on and you don't want it on scratch
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  johndickjr June 30th 2011, 10:14 pm

bigblockfox468 wrote:Not sure of your VOA meter but it should be set on DC volts.

I always thought with any kind of drain the test light would be on and you don't want it on scratch
there is always some drain...with newer cars--trucks..with the digital stuff..radios..computer memory...etc..but it should be very low..just not sure how low or high..my 2003 caravan , it has a bad battery or it has a drain..having battery tested tomorrow

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblockfox468 July 1st 2011, 7:21 am

johndickjr wrote:there is always some drain...with newer cars--trucks..with the digital stuff..radios..computer memory...etc..but it should be very low..just not sure how low or high..my 2003 caravan , it has a bad battery or it has a drain..having battery tested tomorrow

Yeah I agree....I didn't think about this newer crap with the digital, alarm etc etc stuff Razz
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  johndickjr July 1st 2011, 10:50 pm

bigblockfox468 wrote:
johndickjr wrote:there is always some drain...with newer cars--trucks..with the digital stuff..radios..computer memory...etc..but it should be very low..just not sure how low or high..my 2003 caravan , it has a bad battery or it has a drain..having battery tested tomorrow

Yeah I agree....I didn't think about this newer crap with the digital, alarm etc etc stuff Razz
had battery tested it was bad

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down