BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there a epoxy that would fix a cracked hvh supersucker

5 posters

Go down

Is there a epoxy that would fix a cracked hvh supersucker Empty Is there a epoxy that would fix a cracked hvh supersucker

Post  nuclearcobra June 13th 2011, 8:13 pm

i have a 4150 plastic one that cracked between the holes like they do.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Is there a epoxy that would fix a cracked hvh supersucker Empty Re: Is there a epoxy that would fix a cracked hvh supersucker

Post  ThndrChkn June 13th 2011, 11:02 pm

JB Weld works great. I've fixed alot of things in apps where gasoline is involved, and never had an issue.
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Is there a epoxy that would fix a cracked hvh supersucker Empty Re: Is there a epoxy that would fix a cracked hvh supersucker

Post  69F100 June 13th 2011, 11:03 pm

Napa sales some plastic repair that works good you might try that it is a 2 part deal i have used it and it works I have used it on a battery where a hole got knocked in it and it helled up good on tje battery to.I would try to V the crack out alittle to get a good bond.

Jim
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy June 14th 2011, 9:00 am

nuclearcobra wrote:i have a 4150 plastic one that cracked between the holes like they do.

I wouldn't trust that the plastic would give away after the epoxy fix and end up going through the engine; the aluminum ones don't fracture like that.
If you wish to get the insulating effects then use a genuine phenolic spacer, (not a plastic one).
In my opinion, get a JOMAR "Power Cone".

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 June 14th 2011, 11:15 am

I'd cut the center out and make an open spacer outof it, then go buy me a powercone...............IMO not worth the risk if it cracks and breaks loose and ends up tearing up an engine over a 90 dollar spacer.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra June 14th 2011, 11:44 am

Yea your right Randy it is a chance a big chance maybe i'll just use it for a carb stand Laughing i just figured if they epoxy head and intake runners then maybe this could be fixed and if not no big deal i bought it used for 50 bucks.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra June 14th 2011, 11:54 am

Yea screw it i'd freak if it killed my motor Shocked i have two of the aluminum ones for the 4150 to 4500 carb to try with the 1050 dommy i have but i have a buddys ported aed 950hp 4150 that flows 1020cfm on it now and wanted to try the hvh on that and then compare it to a dominator with a suckersucker.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down