BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some video from Albuquerque Dragway of me, my son Justin, and some pals

+5
the Coug
GTmustang
Tony M
bruno
4thHorseman
9 posters

Go down

Some video from Albuquerque Dragway of me, my son Justin, and some pals Empty Some video from Albuquerque Dragway of me, my son Justin, and some pals

Post  4thHorseman May 9th 2011, 7:37 pm

Had some fun mixing and editing. Enjoyed best over a cold beer. Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSs6KdEY1eU
4thHorseman
4thHorseman

Back to top Go down

Some video from Albuquerque Dragway of me, my son Justin, and some pals Empty Re: Some video from Albuquerque Dragway of me, my son Justin, and some pals

Post  bruno May 10th 2011, 8:13 pm

cool video !!! nice passes also

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Some video from Albuquerque Dragway of me, my son Justin, and some pals Empty Re: Some video from Albuquerque Dragway of me, my son Justin, and some pals

Post  Tony M May 10th 2011, 9:28 pm

Cool Thanks for posting.
Tony M
Tony M

Back to top Go down

Post  4thHorseman May 10th 2011, 10:24 pm

Here's a couple of pics from the first day:

Some video from Albuquerque Dragway of me, my son Justin, and some pals Twiste10

Launching on motor.

Some video from Albuquerque Dragway of me, my son Justin, and some pals Burnou10

Looking for tire smoke.
4thHorseman
4thHorseman

Back to top Go down

Post  GTmustang May 12th 2011, 7:31 am

Very nice, thanks for posting the video.
Gary

GTmustang
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug May 12th 2011, 8:28 am

you never did fix the front end did you? beautiful car..... oh on the next video let the cars be the music, I would rather hear the engines.... JMHO you coming to Amarillo this season?

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  342g May 12th 2011, 11:23 am

X2 on the engine sound, and a nice video, and sharp car. cheers
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  blown86hallet May 12th 2011, 12:06 pm

Very nice CAR!

Also liked the other DETROIT IRON In the video! Outstanding cars!
blown86hallet
blown86hallet

Back to top Go down

Post  4thHorseman May 12th 2011, 4:03 pm

the Coug wrote:you never did fix the front end did you? beautiful car..... oh on the next video let the cars be the music, I would rather hear the engines.... JMHO you coming to Amarillo this season?

Randy

Hey Randy. I haven't yet done the shelby drop. I just plain ran out of time this winter. I did cut back the shock towers, added more cage, refreshed the motor and reworked the rear suspension.

Will do on the audio ya bunch of gear heads.... Very Happy

I have a very rickedy open trailer. It works for hauling the '69 around town but I don't have the confidence in it to do a long haul. I'm squeemish to even take it to Roswell. It is planning to be replaced next spring with something I can go to TX and AZ with.
4thHorseman
4thHorseman

Back to top Go down

Post  AZFairlane May 12th 2011, 4:20 pm

yeah, get a better trailer and come to Speedworld
AZFairlane
AZFairlane
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  512Fairlane May 12th 2011, 10:31 pm

Looking good. Did you get the new shocks on the back?
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  4thHorseman May 13th 2011, 2:37 pm

512Fairlane wrote:Looking good. Did you get the new shocks on the back?

Yes. Zero spinning, no more porposing. Consistent 1.52 60'. Just ordered new slicks today. The MT's were shot. I'm gonna try Hoosier's with the stiffer side wall. See what happens.
4thHorseman
4thHorseman

Back to top Go down

Post  512Fairlane May 13th 2011, 9:55 pm

I think you'll like the Hoosiers. Mine are much more consistent than the Mickey's I had. Of course they are about 2 inches wider too.
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  GTmustang May 14th 2011, 12:27 pm

4thHorseman wrote:
512Fairlane wrote:Looking good. Did you get the new shocks on the back?

Yes. Zero spinning, no more porposing. Consistent 1.52 60'. Just ordered new slicks today. The MT's were shot. I'm gonna try Hoosier's with the stiffer side wall. See what happens.
4thHorseman: What are you running for rear suspension, looks like you might have CalTracs? What size tires are you running?
Gary

GTmustang
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  4thHorseman May 14th 2011, 12:50 pm

Stock leaf springs minus smallest leaf. Clamped in front of the axle, not in the back. Caltracs and Calvert rear 9 way adjustable shocks set on "6". Bottom hole with a slight gap (zero preload). Slicks are 28x10.5's on 10" rims. I usually run 12-13psi.
4thHorseman
4thHorseman

Back to top Go down

Post  GTmustang May 14th 2011, 1:38 pm

4thHorseman wrote:Stock leaf springs minus smallest leaf. Clamped in front of the axle, not in the back. Caltracs and Calvert rear 9 way adjustable shocks set on "6". Bottom hole with a slight gap (zero preload). Slicks are 28x10.5's on 10" rims. I usually run 12-13psi.
Did you have any problems fitting the tires in there with stock wheeltubs.
Gary

GTmustang
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  4thHorseman May 15th 2011, 9:44 pm

I did minor clearancing. I rolled the fenders, removed some sharp factory edges in the factory tubs and had to trim about 1/2 inch worth of quarter panel away in at the bottom directly in front of the slick and blended the cut up about 6 inches keeping the factory curve. After sanding and paint you'd never know.
4thHorseman
4thHorseman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum