BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ANYONE RUNNING THE PROCOMP 35GPH ELECTRIC WATER PUMP--sorry, not proform pump

4 posters

Go down

ANYONE RUNNING THE PROCOMP 35GPH ELECTRIC WATER PUMP--sorry, not proform pump Empty ANYONE RUNNING THE PROCOMP 35GPH ELECTRIC WATER PUMP--sorry, not proform pump

Post  jpgstangs May 6th 2011, 7:09 pm

ANY INPUT GOOD AND BAD IS APPRECIATED.....
NEED TRUE ACCOUNTS NOT HEARSAY.

THANKS!
JOHN

Last edited by jpgstangs on May 7th 2011, 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : used wrong name--PROCOMP not PROFORM)

jpgstangs

Back to top Go down

ANYONE RUNNING THE PROCOMP 35GPH ELECTRIC WATER PUMP--sorry, not proform pump Empty Re: ANYONE RUNNING THE PROCOMP 35GPH ELECTRIC WATER PUMP--sorry, not proform pump

Post  nuclearcobra May 7th 2011, 7:47 am

I couldn't find one for a bbf made by proform ? whats the #
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

ANYONE RUNNING THE PROCOMP 35GPH ELECTRIC WATER PUMP--sorry, not proform pump Empty Re: ANYONE RUNNING THE PROCOMP 35GPH ELECTRIC WATER PUMP--sorry, not proform pump

Post  frank13 May 7th 2011, 7:54 am

i got the procomp one, if that is what you meant.

just check the orings before you install it, (mine was in wrong so i had to rtv it) but it worked fine for me on the street last year for the limited time i was able to drive the car (about 30 mile) in 90 degree heat. others here have used/still use it.

my cooling system is a fox body alum radiator, 180 thermostat and the pump. never got above 180. for 120 bucks comes with fitting and backing plate. oh dont use the orings, just rtv it in place
frank13
frank13

http://www.frankskinkracing.com

Back to top Go down

ANYONE RUNNING THE PROCOMP 35GPH ELECTRIC WATER PUMP--sorry, not proform pump Empty Pro Form pump

Post  jpgstangs May 7th 2011, 9:47 am

Thanks for the feedback. Was your pump bought recently? I heard in other posts that they had problems with the pumps made a year and a half ago and earlier but fixed what ever the problem was since new management took over.....
Just what I found out.

I can buy a new one in the box from a guy for $75 and wondered if I should chance it.
Thanks again!
John

jpgstangs

Back to top Go down

ANYONE RUNNING THE PROCOMP 35GPH ELECTRIC WATER PUMP--sorry, not proform pump Empty Sorry but just reread the post and it is indeed Procomp, not proform...

Post  jpgstangs May 7th 2011, 9:49 am

sorry for the confusion....
John

jpgstangs

Back to top Go down

Post  frank13 May 7th 2011, 11:31 am

bout when i bought mine, the gasket may have been the problem. was a ten minute fix, would def buy again.
frank13
frank13

http://www.frankskinkracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon May 7th 2011, 9:08 pm

Dan Hobbs has one. maybe he will chime in Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down