BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loose rocker arm

4 posters

Go down

Loose rocker arm Empty Loose rocker arm

Post  Tennessee Bullitt March 27th 2011, 12:50 pm

I went to readjust the valves and noticed a rocker arm nut was backed off and where it was running the tip that goes into the rocker has worn flat. it seems the rocker was flopping around. The rocker is scuffed. I am going to either get a new pushrod if I can or buy a whole new set. Mabe I will get intrested to go back out and work on it later.

Anyone had this happen before?
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Loose rocker arm Empty Re: Loose rocker arm

Post  quick 52 March 27th 2011, 2:11 pm

yes i was in drag week last year and we were on day 3 at milan mi.. finish up racing and headed pitt. pa. race track. andall of a sudden my engine started running roug and clattering like hell. pull over and removed the valve cover a intake rocker was very loose . thought the lock nut had loosen but was still tight. i removed the rocker and the top of the push was gone. we were in the middle of BFE at 5.00 pm. trying to think how to get a push rod or fix the one we had. when one of the unlimited car pulled up and said do u need help. i said do u have any push rods he said yees but hes running a chevy i said may work i run 8.750. he said can u run 8.800 i said hell yes 20 minutes later we were running down the road the pitt. pa. . i ran that push rod for 2 more days and won drag week quickest street rod with. his Todd Maschmeier camaro won modified power-adder 7.96 @ 173.54and i have one of his push rods. anyways long story the push rod mfr. said it was a heat treating problem.
dragweek quickest street rod
2009 2010

quick 52

Back to top Go down

Post  bigjohn2007 March 27th 2011, 2:26 pm

That was nice work and good luck. Cool
bigjohn2007
bigjohn2007
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tennessee Bullitt March 27th 2011, 2:52 pm

I am gonna get ahold of Lem and see if he has any more SCJ pushrods that he could sell 1 at at time.
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Post  fc2444 March 30th 2011, 10:01 am

I would sujest buying more than one always better to have spares.

fc2444

http://amr-coatins.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tennessee Bullitt March 30th 2011, 1:27 pm

SCJ pushrods are all gone. I ordered some comp hi-tech pushrods and a few to keep as spare. Time to install these and get my new Jomar stud griddle instaled as well.
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Post  quick 52 March 30th 2011, 3:45 pm

you can buy right from the MFR. comp doesnt make them. diamond or mall tooling make most of the push rods.
Mall tooling & eng. 586-463-6520 half the price but you need to no your size. buy 10 or 2 they will laser the size if you ask

quick 52

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down