BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blue Thunder vs Performer RPM

2 posters

Go down

Blue Thunder vs Performer RPM Empty Blue Thunder vs Performer RPM

Post  Price5113 April 9th 2024, 3:07 pm

Anybody on here have any thoughts on how the B/Thunder single 4V(4150) "Cobra Jet" size port intake would fare against the Performer RPM as far as TRQ/HP? The combo in question is a .060 over 460, 10.25 C/Ratio, DOVE heads mildly ported, older Crane flat tappet "solid" profile cam(238-248 @.050) The engine will end up in a 4100lb F100 street driven the majority of the time. We have the B/T intake already. It has had the plenum "cleaned up" & port matched around two inches into the runners. The carb we will be using is a 4781 list number Holley. Thanks, Steve

Price5113

Back to top Go down

Blue Thunder vs Performer RPM Empty Re: Blue Thunder vs Performer RPM

Post  rmcomprandy April 9th 2024, 4:42 pm

Price5113 wrote:Anybody on here have any thoughts on how the B/Thunder single 4V(4150) "Cobra Jet" size port intake would fare against the Performer RPM as far as TRQ/HP? The combo in question is a .060 over 460, 10.25 C/Ratio, DOVE heads mildly ported, older Crane flat tappet "solid" profile cam(238-248 @.050) The engine will end up in a 4100lb F100 street driven the majority of the time. We have the B/T intake already. It has had the plenum "cleaned up" & port matched around two inches into the runners. The carb we will be using is a 4781 list number Holley. Thanks, Steve

I have run both of them on a dyno and the Blue Thunder makes a bit more upper RPM horsepower and the Performer RPM gives a bit more mid range torque. That is at Wide Open Throttle.
I have no experience with driving either at part throttles for evaluating transients.

That BT already had a Dominator flange and the RPM had the bolt pattern changed and was re-machined for a Dominator carb.

Last edited by rmcomprandy on April 9th 2024, 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

The Mad Porter and J.Toney like this post

Back to top Go down

Blue Thunder vs Performer RPM Empty Blue Thunder vs Performer RPM

Post  Price5113 April 9th 2024, 5:14 pm

Thanks for the response on this. Thats great info to know! Judging from the runner size on the B/T intake I was wondering if it would give better peak H/P numbers. I think we will just have to try it(B/T intake) and see how it works. What was the combo/combo's you ran the B/T intake on? Years back I was told from more than one individual that the B/T intake was more suited to larger cubes/stroker combos.....Steve

Price5113

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy April 9th 2024, 7:27 pm

Price5113 wrote:Thanks for the response on this. Thats great info to know! Judging from the runner size on the B/T intake I was wondering if it would give better peak H/P numbers. I think we will just have to try it(B/T intake) and see how it works. What was the combo/combo's you ran the B/T intake on? Years back I was told from more than one individual that the B/T intake was more suited to larger cubes/stroker combos.....Steve

Tested them on a 509 with aluminum SCJ heads and a 8896 Dominator carb way back in 2005 for an Engine Masters contest engine; ended up using neither and used a Victor.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down