BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foxbody 460/C6 swap and engine build help

+2
Fox460C6
BigBlockRanger
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Foxbody 460/C6 swap and engine build help - Page 3 Empty Re: Foxbody 460/C6 swap and engine build help

Post  5pointslow January 28th 2024, 8:57 am

What you have above I'm sure will work , but if you want budget budget . About 10 years ago a friend of mine took a mid 70s 460 out of an rv that was a good runner and put new rings and bearings in it . No machine shop needed and he did it himself .

Slapped a torker intake or performer rpm if I recall with a mild cam and timing set . Longtube headers , c6 had a 2800 stall convertor . Had an 850 carb .

Was in a capri and on street and that thing ran hard for what it was . It went in the mid 12s at track and later it got a 125 shot of nitrous on a plate and ran 10.90s and lasted a long time .

This was all low buck and he had a lot of fun . Just depends on what you want to do and how far you want to go . Machine shop costs to bore a block and all . Weather it's mild or 700hp build will be same keep that bin mind

Andy
5pointslow
5pointslow

rmcomprandy and Mark Miller like this post

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3