BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tko going away..?

2 posters

Go down

Tko going away..? Empty Tko going away..?

Post  ragtime December 17th 2023, 8:58 am

Guys give me some feed back on a replacement trans for my 68 f-100. Called liberty and checked others and got all the same feed back that the TKO will in time not be supported. They are pushing the new TKX design. ok, so having one currently in my truck and not wanting to put money in to my TKO to upgrade for Drag strip use i am now re thinking it and wanting to move to a new set up.   tons of research already on the G101a things are looking good.   comments please...!!

ragtime

Back to top Go down

Tko going away..? Empty Re: Tko going away..?

Post  fordmonsta December 18th 2023, 9:56 pm

Ive got a TKX in my 55 ford streeet car, took a tko500 out. THe tkx fits a whole bunch better in the trans tunnel in my application. I wasnt too impressed with the shifting at first, but now i've got about 2000 miles on it and changed the oil from royal purple syncromesh to the tremec fluid, it shifts alot more better. I havent had it to the drag strip yet, but just cruising around with a stroker cleveland it does good so far. I'd love to own a G101 or a jerico, but in my case i drive the thing alot so the dog ring setup would be kinda cumbersome and take some patience getting use to it. Plus the overdrive is nice on the TKX

fordmonsta

dfree383 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  ragtime December 19th 2023, 4:31 pm

[quote="fordmonsta"]Ive got a TKX in my 55 ford streeet car, took a tko500 out. THe tkx fits a whole bunch better in the trans tunnel in my application. I wasnt too impressed with the shifting at first, but now i've got about 2000 miles on it and changed the oil from royal purple syncromesh to the tremec fluid, it shifts alot more better. I havent had it to the drag strip yet, but just cruising around with a stroker cleveland it does good so far. I'd love to own a G101 or a jerico, but in my case i drive the thing alot so the dog ring setup would be kinda cumbersome and take some patience getting use to it. Plus the overdrive is nice on the TKX.                  

Going to the TKX at this point to replace my TKO in my opinion would be the same thing only Different other than the support for my TKO that at this point i am not really sure of and a big reason for my post. The overdrive is exceptionally awesome and would be missed. Ive had 20 years plus with it as a cruiser and love it but being close to a drag strip is the only reason to consider the Gforce.  So if anything i would have 2 transmission's and they are incredibly easy to change.

ragtime

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum