BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi, I had my 460 level in my foxbody, how much change would raising front 1 inch and lower rear of tranny 1 inch?

5 posters

Go down

Hi, I had my 460 level in my foxbody, how much change would raising front 1 inch and lower rear of tranny 1 inch? Empty Hi, I had my 460 level in my foxbody, how much change would raising front 1 inch and lower rear of tranny 1 inch?

Post  ED468 March 26th 2023, 3:44 am

I like the look of level but traction was alway on the edge. Thinking if motor is pretty much balanced on mounts or a little more towrd front if anything. Just Thought about leaning it back and up should help with traction some by adding some weight to rear??Ed

ED468

Back to top Go down

Hi, I had my 460 level in my foxbody, how much change would raising front 1 inch and lower rear of tranny 1 inch? Empty engine

Post  hbstang March 26th 2023, 11:49 pm

most older engines dont sit level in the chassis because the carb manifold have an angle to the carb pad.however,if you are trying to improve weight transfer,you need to move the engine back towards the firewall.
also you need to look at driveshaft and pinion angles if you raise or lower the trans mount.
hbstang
hbstang

Back to top Go down

Hi, I had my 460 level in my foxbody, how much change would raising front 1 inch and lower rear of tranny 1 inch? Empty Re: Hi, I had my 460 level in my foxbody, how much change would raising front 1 inch and lower rear of tranny 1 inch?

Post  BBFTorino March 27th 2023, 2:58 am

ED468 wrote:I like the look of level but traction was alway on the edge. Thinking if motor is pretty much balanced on mounts or a little more towrd front if anything. Just Thought about leaning it back and up should help with traction some by adding some weight to rear??Ed
You have a Fox Body....they make everything bolt-on that would make it stand on the bumper!

BBFTorino

Mark Miller and stanger68 like this post

Back to top Go down

Hi, I had my 460 level in my foxbody, how much change would raising front 1 inch and lower rear of tranny 1 inch? Empty Bumper

Post  ED468 March 27th 2023, 9:07 pm

Yep, but not consistant at these little tracks last time I was out.

ED468

Back to top Go down

Hi, I had my 460 level in my foxbody, how much change would raising front 1 inch and lower rear of tranny 1 inch? Empty Re: Hi, I had my 460 level in my foxbody, how much change would raising front 1 inch and lower rear of tranny 1 inch?

Post  1982GT March 28th 2023, 8:03 am

I've had my foxbody swapped for quite a few years and do quite a bit of street driving. I built 2" k-member spacers, custom mounts and headers. This allowed the engine to sit lower in the engine bay and it also allowed for some engine setback. The car drives great on the street.

At the track I've ran both drag radials and a bias ply dot slicks. I have traction issues with the drag radials at the track, however it's always done well on bias ply's. I don't think there is enough bar angle in the lower control arms to get the bite it needs on the drag radial. I've never scaled my car or checked the ant-squat percentage, but I'm sure it's off. I've just bought a set of Team Z anti-squat brackets that work with the street style lower control arms. I hope this remedies my problem.

Last edited by 1982GT on March 28th 2023, 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
1982GT
1982GT

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  zbob March 31st 2023, 10:53 pm

scaled my fox a long time ago....left front 990, right front 960. rear left 660, right rear 660. me in it, optima battery in front right. no heater. street car. fwiw....

zbob

Mark Miller and 1982GT like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down