BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pedestal mount rocker

4 posters

Go down

Pedestal mount rocker Empty Pedestal mount rocker

Post  lance flake September 2nd 2019, 10:06 pm

What is the most open spring pressure you u can run on a stock stamped steel rocker? Is 350 psi open possible to run in a hot street type build without to much worry of them failing?

lance flake

Back to top Go down

Pedestal mount rocker Empty Re: Pedestal mount rocker

Post  rmcomprandy September 2nd 2019, 11:20 pm

lance flake wrote:What is the most open spring pressure you u can run on a stock stamped steel rocker? Is 350 psi open possible to run in a hot street type build without to much worry of them failing?

That depends upon the aggressiveness of the cam lobe flanks and how much the valve lift is.

I have run as much as 460 when all the components are matched well; it does require a stronger bolt, though.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lance flake September 3rd 2019, 10:43 am

rmcomprandy wrote:
lance flake wrote:What is the most open spring pressure you u can run on a stock stamped steel rocker? Is 350 psi open possible to run in a hot street type build without to much worry of them failing?

That depends upon the aggressiveness of the cam lobe flanks and how much the valve lift is.

I have run as much as 460 when all the components are matched well; it does require a stronger bolt, though.

Thanks Randy. This build will be using something along the lines of an extreme energy comp grind. Nothing crazy. On the bolt did you just go to a grade 8 style bolt?

lance flake

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Kane September 3rd 2019, 3:13 pm

At 350-lbs open the factory 5/16-18 bolt should be fine; Randy was going big with his higher open pressure setup.

I've done countless D3VE headed builds using OEM valve train at 0.560" lift, 325 open, 5000 rpm sustained, with zero problems. Use hardened pushrods.

Also, be sure to use the version OEM stamped steel rocker arms that are flat across the top, not the version that is notched with a"V" at the top.

USE THIS:

Pedestal mount rocker D3vepe11

NOT THIS:

Pedestal mount rocker D3vepe10

P.S.: I know someone who has used OEM stamped steel pedestal rockers to 0.610" valve lift. I do not recommend this for the masses, and be sure to check rocker slot-to- pedestal stand clearance at both fully open and fully closed.
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lance flake September 3rd 2019, 4:14 pm

Paul Kane wrote:At 350-lbs open the factory 5/16-18 bolt should be fine; Randy was going big with his higher open pressure setup.

I've done countless D3VE headed builds using OEM valve train at 0.560" lift, 325 open, 5000 rpm sustained, with zero problems. Use hardened pushrods.

Also, be sure to use the version OEM stamped steel rocker arms that are flat across the top, not the version that is notched with a"V" at the top.

USE THIS:

Pedestal mount rocker D3vepe11

NOT THIS:

Pedestal mount rocker D3vepe10

P.S.: I know someone who has used OEM stamped steel pedestal rockers to 0.610" valve lift. I do not recommend this for the masses, and be sure to check rocker slot-to- pedestal stand clearance at both fully open and fully closed.

Thanks Paul.

lance flake

Back to top Go down

Post  Backroads October 5th 2019, 1:33 am

Is there enough substantial gain to go with the 7/16 conversion kit to run roller rockers vs stock components? I have a set of D3VEs now with 105 springs and I'm looking at putting a streetable hydraulic cam into it that compliments a 521 with 10:1 compression with 2.25/1.74 valves. I'm looking at 350 gears and will match the stall converter in the C6 to work in harmony with the cam. I don't plan on pushing for high RPM. Appreciate any and all advice. Thanks!

Backroads

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy October 6th 2019, 12:02 am

Backroads wrote:Is there enough substantial gain to go with the 7/16 conversion kit to run roller rockers vs stock components? I have a set of D3VEs now with 105 springs and I'm looking at putting a streetable hydraulic cam into it that compliments a 521 with 10:1 compression with 2.25/1.74 valves. I'm looking at 350 gears and will match the stall converter in the C6 to work in harmony with the cam. I don't plan on pushing for high RPM. Appreciate any and all advice. Thanks!

There are roller rockers available for the "Bolt-Down" mounting.
The stud conversion kits which don't drill, tap and machine the cylinder head rocker arm pedestals are weaker than the "Bolt-Down" fulcrums; simply more convenient.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down