BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hyd Roller Cam Core With Tight Lash Solid Rollers

2 posters

Go down

Hyd Roller Cam Core With Tight Lash Solid Rollers Empty Hyd Roller Cam Core With Tight Lash Solid Rollers

Post  SandHillsHillbilly May 31st 2019, 8:17 am

Considering all the controversy over hyd roller lifters and bad push rod angles. I am thinking of using solid roller lifters on a hyd roller cam core with a tight lash. Want to get away from running a bronze dizzy gear. This is a street truck that wouldn't be torn down like a race engine. Put it together and don't worry about it except for lash check and oil changes. Spring pressure will probably be around 450 open and 150 seat. Looking for longevity with added performance.

Seeking thoughts from brain trust here.

Bushed vs needle rollers?

Isky, Crower, or BAM lifters?

Will the hyd roller cam ramps be ok with tight lash solid rollers or do I need to spec different ramps?

SandHillsHillbilly
SandHillsHillbilly

Back to top Go down

Hyd Roller Cam Core With Tight Lash Solid Rollers Empty Re: Hyd Roller Cam Core With Tight Lash Solid Rollers

Post  rmcomprandy May 31st 2019, 10:04 am

SandHillsHillbilly wrote:Considering all the controversy over hyd roller lifters and bad push rod angles. I am thinking of using solid roller lifters on a hyd roller cam core with a tight lash. Want to get away from running a bronze dizzy gear. This is a street truck that wouldn't be torn down like a race engine. Put it together and don't worry about it except for lash check and oil changes. Spring pressure will probably be around 450 open and 150 seat. Looking for longevity with added performance.

Seeking thoughts from brain trust here.

Bushed vs needle rollers?

Isky, Crower, or BAM lifters?

Will the hyd roller cam ramps be ok with tight lash solid rollers or do I need to spec different ramps?

Why not simply get a tight lash STREET ROLLER camshaft ...?

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Hyd Roller Cam Core With Tight Lash Solid Rollers Empty Re: Hyd Roller Cam Core With Tight Lash Solid Rollers

Post  SandHillsHillbilly May 31st 2019, 10:32 am

rmcomprandy wrote:

Why not simply get a tight lash STREET ROLLER camshaft ...?

I think the lobe profile would be the similar to hyd roller but the core is usually different material requiring a bronze dizzy gear.
SandHillsHillbilly
SandHillsHillbilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down