BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D3VE Heads

3 posters

Go down

D3VE Heads  Empty D3VE Heads

Post  FordNut252 January 8th 2019, 11:55 pm

I have what it believed to be a 460 out of a truck. The heads are coded D3VE A2A. The engine runs well but I was told it's not a very desirable engine because it's an emissions type. I'd like to know more about it. What do the date codes tell me. Why are these heads considered useless and does that include the block and why?
If this came out of a truck, would it most likely be 4 bolt mains?

FordNut252

Back to top Go down

D3VE Heads  Empty Re: D3VE Heads

Post  litshoot January 9th 2019, 12:33 am

Not useless, not undesirable, not likely 4 bolt main. They are low compression heads with low compression block. Port the heads they are good. Perhaps a thin headgasket, shave the head will raise compression if youd like more, and dont want to open the bottom end. Those changes for compression will change valvetrain geometry.

litshoot

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy January 9th 2019, 11:05 am

FordNut252 wrote:I have what it believed to be a 460 out of a truck.   The heads are coded D3VE A2A.   The engine runs well but I was told it's not a very desirable engine because it's an emissions type.    I'd like to know more about it.    What do the date codes tell me.   Why are these heads considered useless and does that include the block and why?
If this came out of a truck, would it most likely be 4 bolt mains?

The compression ratio being around 8/1 and the retarded timing set are the only real undesirable traits.
Not 4 bolt, the heads, (the casting codes simply say the heads are 1973 or later), are certainly NOT useless.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down