BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What intake bolts for a torker 2 intake?

+2
rmcomprandy
duff429
6 posters

Go down

What intake bolts for a torker 2 intake? Empty What intake bolts for a torker 2 intake?

Post  duff429 January 4th 2019, 5:04 pm

What bolts are needed for a torker 2 intake?  I thought I had the right ones ARP "155-2005," but one in the back for sure is too short with gaskets in place  the bolt length for the longer ones is right a 2 inches this where bolts just starts to grab, WITHOUT gaskets in place

What intake bolts for a torker 2 intake? Receiv11
duff429
duff429

Back to top Go down

What intake bolts for a torker 2 intake? Empty Re: What intake bolts for a torker 2 intake?

Post  rmcomprandy January 4th 2019, 8:20 pm

duff429 wrote:What bolts are needed for a torker 2 intake?  I thought I had the right ones ARP "155-2005," but one in the back for sure is too short with gaskets in place  the bolt length for the longer ones is right a 2 inches this where bolts just starts to grab, WITHOUT gaskets in place

ARP bolt kits are designed around O.E.M. production intake manifolds.
Aftermarket manifolds are all over the place as far as correct bolt lengths.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

What intake bolts for a torker 2 intake? Empty Re: What intake bolts for a torker 2 intake?

Post  wickettoby1 January 4th 2019, 8:34 pm

For my AFR intake I ordered 2.5” (6 pcs) studs for the vertical bolt locations on the intake.

wickettoby1

Back to top Go down

Post  duff429 January 4th 2019, 8:50 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
duff429 wrote:What bolts are needed for a torker 2 intake?  I thought I had the right ones ARP "155-2005," but one in the back for sure is too short with gaskets in place  the bolt length for the longer ones is right a 2 inches this where bolts just starts to grab, WITHOUT gaskets in place

ARP bolt kits are designed around O.E.M. production intake manifolds.
Aftermarket manifolds are all over the place as far as correct bolt lengths.

Thanks,I'm probably gonna order the kit from Edelbrock, and do some measurements
duff429
duff429

Back to top Go down

Post  duff429 January 4th 2019, 8:52 pm

[quote="wickettoby1"]For my AFR intake I ordered 2.5” (6 pcs) studs for the vertical bolt locations on the intake. [/quote
I'm tempted to do studs too. Edelbrock sells a kit for thier manifolds..but worse case can a guy just use grade 5 or alike?
duff429
duff429

Back to top Go down

Post  cletus66 January 4th 2019, 8:57 pm

The studs also help to drop it straight down onto the engine.
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 January 4th 2019, 9:01 pm

duff429 wrote:
wickettoby1 wrote:For my AFR intake I ordered 2.5” (6 pcs) studs for the vertical bolt locations on the intake. [/quote
I'm tempted to do studs too. Edelbrock sells a kit for thier manifolds..but worse case can a guy just use grade 5 or alike?
I used stainless steel bolts i just figured out what length I needed
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregaust January 5th 2019, 3:17 am

duff429 wrote:
wickettoby1 wrote:For my AFR intake I ordered 2.5” (6 pcs) studs for the vertical bolt locations on the intake. [/quote

Grade 5 or grade 8 , just figure your lengths is what I do . Every manifold seems to be different.
If you don't use studs on the verticle ones , just make up some longer guide studs to ensure gaskets stay in place , then fit the bolts once it is all nipped down in place

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

Post  duff429 January 5th 2019, 3:27 am

Gregaust wrote:
duff429 wrote:

Grade 5 or grade 8 , just figure your lengths is what I do . Every manifold seems to be different.
If you don't use studs on the verticle ones , just make up some longer guide studs to ensure gaskets stay in place , then fit the bolts once it is all nipped down in place

If I use studs on the vertical what's the proper procedure? Snug up a stud by double nut than remove 2nd nut,go through proper tourqe sequence?
duff429
duff429

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregaust January 6th 2019, 2:59 am

I only use as guide studs , once intake and gaskets are all in place , remove the guide studs and fit bolts . Torque to the pattern

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum