BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

going turbo..maybe

2 posters

Go down

going turbo..maybe Empty going turbo..maybe

Post  Rickytx630 September 30th 2018, 2:43 pm

been thinking about going to a turbo set up, plan is to run some top sportsman and maybe some quick 8/16 stuff around here in the north east. problem is this will be a first for me, car is a 4130 25.1 foxbody, set up for both big and small block fords, id be starting from scratch with the new build (block heads internals turbos etc) any suggestions or advice for what to get or look for? what heads and what camshaft? is there a advantage over a bb or small block, what electronics is needed? i know some run intercoolers and some dont,

Rickytx630

Back to top Go down

going turbo..maybe Empty Re: going turbo..maybe

Post  BBFTorino September 30th 2018, 11:29 pm

There are many possibilities here. What are the rules for the class you want to run?? weights, tire sizes and type?? slick or drag radial?? stock suspension or chassis car??

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  Rickytx630 October 1st 2018, 10:02 pm

BBFTorino wrote:There are many possibilities here. What are the rules for the class you want to run?? weights, tire sizes and type?? slick or drag radial?? stock suspension or chassis car??

not sure on exact rules but would be nhra div 1 top sportsman, and maybe the shakedown if things would go well, forsure a full size slick 33x16 or maybe a 34.5x17 and full chassis style car,just not sure if i wanna go big cubic inch or small block (and if so what size) i know the nitrous cars are around 2450 for min weight, im guess 2600 with the bb combo? goal is would like to run 6.60s 6.70s or so and not kill anything

Rickytx630

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino October 4th 2018, 1:50 am

If your pockets are that deep, one of the first combo's that comes to mind is a C&C aluminum block with the latest Hemi heads on top!!.....or a Pro Line racing engine!!

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  Rickytx630 October 5th 2018, 11:59 pm

BBFTorino wrote:If your pockets are that deep, one of the first combo's that comes to mind is a C&C aluminum block with the latest Hemi heads on top!!.....or a Pro Line racing engine!!
car is almost finished. id like to stay around the factory deck height, and bore space, i know kaase has the new generation hemi heads but seem to be only 5.0 bs do they make a new head for the 4.9bs? and what about the electronics and stuff? what to use what injectors etc?

Rickytx630

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino October 7th 2018, 11:22 pm

Rickytx630 wrote:
BBFTorino wrote:If your pockets are that deep, one of the first combo's that comes to mind is a C&C aluminum block with the latest Hemi heads on top!!.....or a Pro Line racing engine!!
car is almost finished. id like to stay around the factory deck height, and bore space, i know kaase has the new generation hemi heads but seem to be only 5.0 bs do they make a new head for the 4.9bs? and what about the electronics and stuff? what to use what injectors etc?
I believe he has 4.9 BS heads too. As for the electronics, it will be something 'high end' I would guess, like FAST XFI, Big Stuff 3, Motec, and the like.
It would be best to consult an engine builder/tuner with the experience in this field.

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down