BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone 3d modeled a block or a head? I want to 3D print a few for the shelf.

2 posters

Go down

Has anyone 3d modeled a block or a head?  I want to 3D print a few for the shelf. Empty Has anyone 3d modeled a block or a head? I want to 3D print a few for the shelf.

Post  paperman Thu 22 Mar 2018 - 6:46

Looking for a 3d model the BBF. Been playing with a new 3d printer and would love to print a block. If anyone has a good drawing they can share with me I will print a block for you in exchange, or a head if you have one of those. I can slice and size it for printing but I need a 3d drawing to start with. I'm working with a fellow hobbyist on making a D1 block model from a set of 2D prints but its going to take a fair amount of time. If there is a model out there already it really would save some time. Thanks all.

paperman

Back to top Go down

Has anyone 3d modeled a block or a head?  I want to 3D print a few for the shelf. Empty Re: Has anyone 3d modeled a block or a head? I want to 3D print a few for the shelf.

Post  HorsinAround Thu 22 Mar 2018 - 14:11

I actually have the Ford blueprints for the 460 block.
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

http://www.frontpagefab.com

Back to top Go down

Has anyone 3d modeled a block or a head?  I want to 3D print a few for the shelf. Empty Re: Has anyone 3d modeled a block or a head? I want to 3D print a few for the shelf.

Post  paperman Thu 22 Mar 2018 - 14:16

I would love to see them. I have a set of 9 sheets for a D1 block but they are pretty busy with all the information on them. I would like to save the time of making 3d model from 2d prints if it has been done already. Lots of hours for a part time low skill modeler like me.

paperman

Back to top Go down

Post  HorsinAround Thu 22 Mar 2018 - 14:34

paperman wrote:I would love to see them.  I have a set of 9 sheets for a D1 block but they are pretty busy with all the information on them.  I would like to save the time of making 3d model from 2d prints if it has been done already.  Lots of hours for a part time low skill modeler like me.  

Yea, they are pretty busy. I forget how many pages there are in the set, but they are huge. If I remember right the prints were 36 inches by 6 or 8ft long. Welcome to stop by to check them out, or I can reach out to you the next time I head up to Rochester Hills.
And I hear ya on the Cad. I am still pretty proficient with Autocad Mechanical, but haven't used Inventor in years. I have both now, so I need to make myself pickup Inventor again and get proficient again.
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

Back to top Go down

Post  paperman Thu 22 Mar 2018 - 14:44

If you wouldn’t mind maybe you could ship them to me and I could scan them? I have access to a scanner that can handle them. Then send them and a copy back along with a digital copy.

paperman

Back to top Go down

Post  HorsinAround Fri 23 Mar 2018 - 9:05

Send me a pm with your shipping address. I'll send them when I get back from vacation.
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

Back to top Go down

Post  paperman Fri 23 Mar 2018 - 10:03

Will do thanks.

paperman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down