BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi from England

2 posters

Go down

Hi from England Empty Hi from England

Post  Duncan Mach72 October 21st 2017, 4:57 pm

Hi everybody
I've been on the 460 Ford forum for a while but it looks like more going on here.

I have a '72 Mach1 which was originally 351C & toploader. Currently it runs a near stock 429 in front of the toploader with Lakewood bell, Hays aluminum flywheel, HD clutch & stock 3.5:1 rearend gears with a torque biasing diff. It's a hoot to drive on the street & as the car is bright yellow people stare at me everywhere.

The motor is out of a '69 Galaxie 500XL so it should have 10.5:1 cr. It was re-ringed, new bearings and a mild cam of about .510" lift & 220 degrees @ 50thou, cant remember exactly. I knocked most of the lumps out of the C9VE exhaust ports. It has FPA headers, 2.5" dual system with H pipe & cutouts for the track. With an 850dp on a Performer (& 1/2" open spacer) I have managed a best quarter of 14.11 @ 98 so far. The motor makes loads of torque but definitely needs more cam to make the hp as it flattens out above 5000 rpm.
I've been running it at my local track in a dial-your own class on Quick Times & it's been a lot of fun.
Regards
Duncan

Duncan Mach72

Back to top Go down

Hi from England Empty Re: Hi from England

Post  dfree383 November 3rd 2017, 4:39 pm

Welcome aboard
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down