BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone recognize this converter?

+2
Mark Miller
nickpohlaandp
6 posters

Go down

Does anyone recognize this converter? Empty Does anyone recognize this converter?

Post  nickpohlaandp October 20th 2017, 9:53 am

Hi everyone. So I found a used torque converter for sale, $100, claiming it’s a 3500 stall. It’s a 12” converter. I’m wanting to run a 3500 stall with my project, and I know I’m going to need to spend at least 10 times that to get a quality converter at some point, but I’m thinking about purchasing this just so I can drive the car around a little bit. The seller said it came out of his 1990 S-10 with a 383, and it’s too much stall for his liking, so he purchased a B&M 2800 stall. There’s nothing remarkable about the converter, it just looks like your average, run of the mill torque converter. The guy selling it doesn’t have any paperwork on it, and the only markings he could find on it are “K3 0 d77”. I know it’s a shot in the dark, but is there any chance that “K3 0 d77” means anything? Does anyone maybe know what this thing really is off of those markings? Thanks in advance for any input you might have.

Does anyone recognize this converter? Image

nickpohlaandp

Back to top Go down

Does anyone recognize this converter? Empty Re: Does anyone recognize this converter?

Post  Mark Miller October 20th 2017, 10:43 pm

nickpohlaandp wrote:Hi everyone. So I found a used torque converter for sale, $100, claiming it’s a 3500 stall. It’s a 12” converter. I’m wanting to run a 3500 stall with my project, and I know I’m going to need to spend at least 10 times that to get a quality converter at some point, but I’m thinking about purchasing this just so I can drive the car around a little bit. The seller said it came out of his 1990 S-10 with a 383, and it’s too much stall for his liking, so he purchased a B&M 2800 stall. There’s nothing remarkable about the converter, it just looks like your average, run of the mill torque converter. The guy selling it doesn’t have any paperwork on it, and the only markings he could find on it are “K3 0 d77”. I know it’s a shot in the dark, but is there any chance that “K3 0 d77” means anything? Does anyone maybe know what this thing really is off of those markings? Thanks in advance for any input you might have.

Does anyone recognize this converter? Image

I doubt very much that a 12" Converter has a 3500 stall,a 10" converter yes a 12" no!!!!! Smile Smile

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Does anyone recognize this converter? Empty Re: Does anyone recognize this converter?

Post  nickpohlaandp October 21st 2017, 12:07 pm

Thanks. Same thing everyone else said on the other forums. Glad I didn’t waste $100 on that. Tha would’ve sucked.

nickpohlaandp

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow October 22nd 2017, 6:45 am

so you go on a ton of forums until you get the answer you want ?
same guys there as here on other site for most part

to add why the hell would you buy a used 100$ convertor to but behind 15k "a" head engine or what ever head your using, i mean if it was me id get engine built and dynod and see were its making the power and get a convertor made exactly for your engine . probly run you 700-1000$ i could be wrong
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior October 22nd 2017, 7:25 am

5pointslow wrote:so you go on a ton of forums until you get the answer you want ?

to add why the hell would you buy a used 100$ convertor to but behind 15k "a" head engine or what ever head your using, i mean if it was me id get engine built and dynod and see were its making the power and get a convertor made exactly for your engine . probly run you 700-1000$ i could be wrong

X2
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  nickpohlaandp October 22nd 2017, 8:21 am

5pointslow wrote:so you go on a ton of forums until you get the answer you want ?

Actually I’ve gotten input from quite a few other people. It’s common sense. If you are looking for information the best way to get answers is to broaden the span of people who will see your question.

5pointslow wrote:to add why the hell would you buy a used 100$ convertor to but behind 15k "a" head engine or what ever head your using, i mean if it was me id get engine built and dynod and see were its making the power and get a convertor made exactly for your engine . probly run you 700-1000$ i could be wrong

Go back an read my original post. I specifically said I know it wouldn’t be optimal, it would just be to drive the car around a bit.

nickpohlaandp

Back to top Go down

Does anyone recognize this converter? Empty Cheap stall

Post  ED468 February 20th 2018, 1:40 am

They make a factory c6 11 inch converter. You can get 3500 from a worked 11 inch from a local converter shop for about $200 but like said strength and Torque Multiplication be far from Ideal.

ED468

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl February 20th 2018, 2:52 am

just phone Endre at Edge racing converters 805-277-7305 tell him Frank sent you $655 with a 1 year warranty !!!
Frank
PS we put 2700hp though his converters! and yes a $655 converter!
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down