BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"PRW-PQX" Rocker Arms....any good??

5 posters

Go down

"PRW-PQX" Rocker Arms....any good?? Empty "PRW-PQX" Rocker Arms....any good??

Post  BBFTorino October 19th 2017, 4:15 am

I never heard of PRW/PQX rocker arms. Looking at a set for a SBF...they are shaft rockers.
Are these of any quality??...or cheap Chinese/Taiwan stuff??

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

"PRW-PQX" Rocker Arms....any good?? Empty Re: "PRW-PQX" Rocker Arms....any good??

Post  dfree383 November 13th 2017, 8:30 am

From my recollection they are Chinese
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

"PRW-PQX" Rocker Arms....any good?? Empty Re: "PRW-PQX" Rocker Arms....any good??

Post  rmcomprandy November 13th 2017, 11:13 am

BBFTorino wrote:I never heard of PRW/PQX rocker arms. Looking at a set for a SBF...they are shaft rockers.

They work well with flat tappet spring pressures. I have not even attempted to use them with a roller cam valve train.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino December 1st 2017, 2:45 am

I went ahead and purchased a whole Jesel sportsman shaft rocker system. Made in USA!!

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 December 1st 2017, 3:13 am

Jesel makes some great stuff, I just purchased a set for my 347.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 December 7th 2017, 5:16 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
BBFTorino wrote:I never heard of PRW/PQX rocker arms. Looking at a set for a SBF...they are shaft rockers.

They work well with flat tappet spring pressures. I have not even attempted to use them with a roller cam valve train.

x2 I have used their roller rockers on some 230 seat-650 open spring deals and had good luck.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  gt350hr June 21st 2018, 2:56 pm

I have used the stud mounts on solid rollers without an issue. Same parts are sold by Pro Comp , Renegade, RPM and others. Some of the poly locks were "soft" and pounded , gaining lash. Changed all of them out and rockers are still fine. 8 years on one set. The aluminum shaft rockers for the SBF had poor quality adjusters. Changed to some used Jessel adjusters ( take out from a Nascar team) and problem solved. About 2 years on those. NO these are not "premium" parts , and you have to substitute some "premium " components but the DO work after that. I am by NO MEANS "pro Chinese parts" but in "some" applications , they are "adequate" and affordable to many.

gt350hr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down