BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buyer Beware of Fake Morel Lifters.....

+5
rmcomprandy
Lem Evans
gt350hr
whatbumper
Straubtech
9 posters

Go down

Buyer Beware of Fake Morel Lifters..... Empty Buyer Beware of Fake Morel Lifters.....

Post  Straubtech August 5th 2016, 11:20 am

I had customer send in a set of lifters for engineering review.  The lifters failed after 3 passes in a SB Ford solid roller application.   The lifters came to me.  Customer's customer had bought them at a swap meet where they were sold as Morels.  Well they are not Morels.  The following pictures will help anyone to identify these imposters.  Morel is seeking the source on these and will file charges.

1.  The Morel lifter is on the right in each picture.  The oil band design on the Morel is a plunge cut around the lifter with a slight radius.   The imposter on the left has  a huge radius.

2.  The rivet on the imposter is very small.  Morels rivet is much larger.

3.  The axle size on the Morel is much larger than the imposter.

4.  This was after 3 passes in the engine.  Nothing is left of the new Dart block that the imposters were in.  This customers customer is out thousands of dollars.

Please share these pictures with others.Buyer Beware of Fake Morel Lifters..... 2016mo18
Buyer Beware of Fake Morel Lifters..... 2016mo15
Buyer Beware of Fake Morel Lifters..... 2016mo17
Buyer Beware of Fake Morel Lifters..... 2016mo16

Straubtech

Back to top Go down

Buyer Beware of Fake Morel Lifters..... Empty Re: Buyer Beware of Fake Morel Lifters.....

Post  whatbumper August 5th 2016, 12:07 pm

Valve train parts are not something you can get at a swap meet. This is why we stress to our customers why sometimes our parts cost more than what they can find on the internet or swap meet. I have found 5 fake wastegates on customer cars this year alone. Bought off ebay as Tial wastegates. They were not. Also, had a customer buy a set of comp 7/16 pushrods with strange writing on them. We finally traced them back to an importer in California but can't remember the name right now. Luckily no body was out anything but money for parts purchase. Nothing was damaged except pride.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Buyer Beware of Fake Morel Lifters..... Empty Re: Buyer Beware of Fake Morel Lifters.....

Post  gt350hr August 5th 2016, 2:46 pm

Thanks for the heads up Chris. Without the side by side most would take them for granted. I suspect chinee made?

gt350hr

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans August 5th 2016, 6:19 pm

"Valve train parts are not something you can get at a swap meet."

X2 Exclamation  Doesn't look so much like someone was trying to make a fake/knock-off of a Morel.....more a case of the seller being a lying P.O.S.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy August 5th 2016, 8:07 pm

I certainly don't know this but, I would almost bet they came from RACEMASTER ... (Pro Comp).

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick August 5th 2016, 11:18 pm

And the Chinese won't care if you file a lawsuit.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans August 6th 2016, 1:51 am

maverick wrote:And the Chinese won't care if you file a lawsuit.

The cock sucker that sold the part was most likely an American at a flea market which people call 'swap meets'.....should be called swap 'meat'.

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl August 6th 2016, 3:29 am

I only Buy my lifters From Lem !! LOL 24 hr service!!! HAVE A VISA CARD CAN TRAVEL !!! lol and a 194 visa !!!
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy August 6th 2016, 1:44 pm

Lem Evans wrote:

The cock sucker that sold the part was most likely an American at a flea market which people call 'swap meets'.....should be called swap 'meat'.

Don't place the blame on the swap meet itself.
Swap meets are basically a good thing ... people just need to be careful about what they buy and from who.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 August 6th 2016, 10:07 pm

I'm just glad that none of the Big American Companies Out Source any of Our Speed Parts Overseas.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy August 6th 2016, 10:24 pm

supervel45 wrote:I'm just glad that none of the Big American Companies Out Source any of Our Speed Parts Overseas.

WHAT...?
That must be an attempt at a sarcastic joke.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans August 7th 2016, 7:04 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:

Don't place the blame on the swap meet itself.
Swap meets are basically a good thing ... people just need to be careful about what they buy and from who.

I hear what you are saying but, I thought that the swap meet format was conceived for racers/hotroders to hopefully find good used parts not poor new ones.

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy August 7th 2016, 9:25 pm

Lem Evans wrote:

I hear what you are saying but, I thought that the swap meet format was conceived for racers/hotroders to hopefully find good used parts not poor new ones.

That is true ...

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 9th 2016, 2:03 pm

Frank Merkl wrote:I only Buy my lifters From Lem !! LOL 24 hr service!!! HAVE A VISA CARD CAN TRAVEL !!! lol and a 194 visa !!!
Frank

Same
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 August 9th 2016, 3:06 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
supervel45 wrote:I'm just glad that none of the Big American Companies Out Source any of Our Speed Parts Overseas.

WHAT...?

It Was. Not much made here anymore it seems.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy August 9th 2016, 6:54 pm

supervel45 wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

WHAT...?

It Was. Not much made here anymore it seems.

A lot of engine stuff is but, it is not cheap ... almost every time; you get what you pay for.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down