BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE BIRD OF PREY A LITTLE GRUDGE RACING

3 posters

Go down

THE BIRD OF PREY A LITTLE GRUDGE RACING Empty THE BIRD OF PREY A LITTLE GRUDGE RACING

Post  bird of prey January 16th 2014, 1:26 am

TULSA 2013 had it dialed way back. thought to my self oh snap, i'm going to lose this thing. enjoy but turn it up.

https://vimeo.com/84278727
bird of prey
bird of prey

Back to top Go down

THE BIRD OF PREY A LITTLE GRUDGE RACING Empty Re: THE BIRD OF PREY A LITTLE GRUDGE RACING

Post  BigBlockRanger January 16th 2014, 1:40 am

Hey that was 572 (Shawn) in the other lane. Nice pass.
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Back to top Go down

THE BIRD OF PREY A LITTLE GRUDGE RACING Empty Re: THE BIRD OF PREY A LITTLE GRUDGE RACING

Post  bird of prey January 16th 2014, 1:48 am

yes real nice pass. we were parked next to each other.
he asked me to help him with his set up. i gave him his best 60 ever he said.
bird of prey
bird of prey

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBlockRanger January 16th 2014, 9:51 am

That car used to be a wheelie machine. Took him a long time/parts/effort to finally crack into the 8's.
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave January 16th 2014, 12:20 pm

Great video, car looks good too! I noticed another video you posted at your photo site, "Bird of Prey gets a lift". I wasn't sure where the video was going! Nice girl, nice cars, Frankenstein in a crate? No it's an automotive lift! Nice facility you have. Two things I noticed and must ask questions regarding the attractions. In you race video, your crewman (seems to be on the ball) makes a gesture to you just before staging. The appeared T figure and holding up four fingers to the starter and then to you. Is this confirming a .4 tree? My second question. That is a very nice motor home sitting next to the lift construction, did it ever cross your mind one of those lift beams falling during construction?

Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  bird of prey January 16th 2014, 12:45 pm

thanks. 4 was to make sure it was pro tree. the other was to remind me to purge, i forget sometimes, and we weren't using it in the other races. i moved the motor home outside
before even thinking about standing up. i could see it falling.
bird of prey
bird of prey

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave January 16th 2014, 12:56 pm

bird of prey wrote:yes real nice pass. we were parked next to each other.
he asked me to help him with his set up. i gave him his best 60 ever he said.
BigBlockRanger wrote:That car used to be a wheelie machine.  Took him a long time/parts/effort to finally crack into the 8's.

I witnessed Don Bowles and his legendary Fairmont wheel stand through three or four gears before settling down to complete the run! The crowd went wild, near the point of a joyous riot! The next lap approached, the announcer (Dallas Jones) played the part as if of an opening circus, the fans lined the fence, stood on the bleachers and ran to the track's fence to watch the Fairmont's next show as if Godzilla came up from the river! Now let me step back a bit. I visited with Don between rounds, we talked about the Fairmont's performance. Don the gentleman he always is spoke with me as if I was a long lost friend and explained a few adjustments were made for the next round. Now back to the moment, Don let the clutch out and the Fairmont leaped forward like a well tuned tube chassis bracket car. Yes no wheel stand, nothing spectacular and the fans were some what disappointed the "wheelie show" didn't continue although Don's run was .2 of a second quicker! The moral of my story as we all know, the shows are spectacular but not always the quickest path from A to B!

Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  bird of prey January 16th 2014, 1:12 pm

yep people luv to see wheels in the air and parts being broken.
this was the Nostalgia race. he had his girl friend with him. she was dressed up as a pinup girl in a red dress, very nice.
bird of prey
bird of prey

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave January 17th 2014, 9:59 am

bird of prey wrote:yep people luv to see wheels in the air and parts being broken.
this was the Nostalgia race. he had his girl friend with him. she was dressed up as a pinup girl in a red dress, very nice.

What ... no pictures! ...  tongue  ...

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down