BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

national ccw fail

+4
GT300TD
kim
69bluehotrod
waypastcrazy
8 posters

Go down

national ccw fail Empty national ccw fail

Post  waypastcrazy December 2nd 2013, 12:07 am

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/gun-laws/breaking-national-concealed-carry-reciprocity-amendment-fails/

And California sux!
26350. (a) (1) A person is guilty of openly carrying an unloaded handgun when that person carries upon his or her person an exposed and unloaded handgun outside a vehicle while in or on any of the following: (A) A public place or public street in an incorporated city or city and county. (B) A public street in a prohibited area of an unincorporated area of a county or city and county. (C) A public place in a prohibited area of a county or city and county. (2) A person is guilty of openly carrying an unloaded handgun when that person carries an exposed and unloaded handgun inside or on a vehicle, whether or not on his or her person, while in or on any of the following: (A) A public place or public street in an incorporated city or city and county. (B) A public street in a prohibited area of an unincorporated area of a county or city and county. (C) A public place in a prohibited area of a county or city and county. (b) (1) Except as specified in paragraph (2), a violation of this section is a misdemeanor
HANDGUNS

California Penal Code section 25610 does not prevent a citizen of the United States over 18 years of age who is not lawfully prohibited from firearm possession, and who resides or is temporarily in California, from transporting by motor vehicle any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person provided the firearm is unloaded and stored in a locked container.

The term "locked container" means a secure container which is fully enclosed and locked by a padlock, key lock, combination lock, or similar locking device. This includes the trunk of a motor vehicle, but does not include the utility or glove compartment. For more information, refer to California Penal Code sections 16850.

waypastcrazy
waypastcrazy

Back to top Go down

national ccw fail Empty Re: national ccw fail

Post  69bluehotrod December 2nd 2013, 12:19 am

and this surprises you?????
69bluehotrod
69bluehotrod
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://rainbowvacuumsalesservice.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  waypastcrazy December 2nd 2013, 12:31 am

I am not surprised!Just passing on info I feel needs to be shared.
Would of been nice to have a national ccw permit for those of us traveling every week.
waypastcrazy
waypastcrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  kim December 2nd 2013, 1:18 am

avoid states that want you to be a better victim. Many states honor carry permits from other states.. Then there are the few cool states that let you carry open or concealed without having to have a special license to practice your second amendment rights.

kim

Back to top Go down

Post  GT300TD December 2nd 2013, 11:27 am

Sure hope Ohio doesn't follow Calif. Rolling Eyes .

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

national ccw fail Empty Deaper Research of American Gun Control

Post  supervel45 December 2nd 2013, 2:32 pm

If you are interested on how some of this came about, research laws passed after the Civil War, and in California, esp, durning the 1960's and what was going on there at the time. Black Panters, and California Civil unrest, March on State Capitol of California, are good search engines. These are just some pieces, of a larger puzzle, and not brought up often in the gun control debate. The Federal Gun Control Act of 1968, must be taken into acount, on the national sceen, also. You may also be suprised what a Pro Gun State, California, was at one time, and how, and why, it changed in the 1960's. If you reseach very hard, a flip flop, so to speak, will become very apparant, when you look at some of the sources of the gun control proponents, then and now. Starbucks Coffee and Open Carry, need to be studied, to gain more perspective of Califorina's evolution, at the current time. Has the end goal changed, or are the teams just reversed, you have Judge for Yourself? You may want to read some of Charelton Hestons, speechs also, if you support the 2nd. Amendmant. Yes, this will be very time consuming, but well worth it, if you allready are not informed about Califonia's History, and it's gun control laws. If GCA1934,1968, does not ring a bell, and you are truly interested in the subject, you might have some serious research(reading) to catch up on. To all Americans, reading this, Mods included, Remember, as a Country, United We Stand Divided We Fall.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 December 2nd 2013, 3:35 pm

waypastcrazy wrote:I am not surprised!Just passing on info I feel needs to be shared.
Would of been nice to have a national ccw permit for those of us traveling every week.
In a round about way the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that you almost do, with the 2nd Amendment, in the recent Chicago Decision. Key Words are Almost, and Concealed. I would not recomend trying it, and most State Constitution's prohibit the concealed part. I believe Arizona to be one of the exceptions to, no permit, concealed or not? You can get a state permit if you like for travel where it is reconized in some of the other states, but not all. Alot of State gun laws will fall, if challenged by the last Supreme Court ruling. When you need a permit, a Right becomes a Privelage, and is no longer a Constitutional Right any longer, Because you have to ask for PERMISSION. You might rethink letting gun permits go from a State level to a National level. This is what started the mess in 1934 on a Federal Level(as a Tax by the way, intended to Destroy) and onward. It was carried to the next level in 1968. In 1986 some of the 1968 act was lifted as a gift to gunowners, but was a major loss in another way. National CCW, is a very clever trap laid by the Anti's as was pulled in 1986, disquised as a protection of gun owners, bet your A$$, on it! If you don't agree with a state's gun laws you can move. When it is national level, you are stuck, along with the rest of the Country, with no place to go. If the states reconize other states CCW's as many do now, and that is expanded, it might work out better, for what after in the long run. After Gun Owners, being burned 3 Times on the Federal Level, in a Serious Way, on Prior Legislation, Beware , Regardless of Who or Witch side is pushing it. Hell they may have to pass it before they can read it, Ring any Bells?

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  waypastcrazy December 2nd 2013, 3:59 pm

Supervel45 you have a good point.California and New Mexico are the only problem states for the wife and I at the moment.Atleast we can have it in the truck not in a lock box in NM unlike  Cali.
We are considering going to work locally for this very reason.
waypastcrazy
waypastcrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 December 2nd 2013, 4:50 pm

waypastcrazy wrote:Supervel45 you have a good point.California and New Mexico are the only problem states for the wife and I at the moment.Atleast we can have it in the truck not in a lock box in NM unlike  Cali.
We are considering going to work locally for this very reason.
Do not take any of my advise as legal fact. Check all laws out for yourself. In your area (or anywhere) you may want a legal opinion, in writing, from a firearms lawyer. If you found any of my advice helpful, thankyou very much. California Mass. NY IL. are very good to avoid, among, many other states. Sometimes a long gun changes things, as for as the law is concerned. A semi auto unloaded with a loaded magizne handy might be another option to consider. If you are carrying for defense, and unloaded weapon in a locked box is not very useful, in most cases. I would advise staying out of Calf. if you can.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  f250mike December 2nd 2013, 11:04 pm

I was bummed to find that my Indiana Lifetime handgun permit wasn't recognized in several states, ie; Ohio and Nebraska.
What I did find out is Cabelas has classes for Utah and Arizona CCW permits that I can attend. These permits allow for me to carry in states that I would want to visit.
The states that don't allow, I have no desire to visit!!!
f250mike
f250mike

Back to top Go down

Post  kim December 3rd 2013, 12:52 am

Save your money for AZ, you can carry anything you want any way you want... no license required.

kim

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE December 3rd 2013, 12:56 am

Not 100% sure but I think Texas does accept carry certs from other states.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 December 3rd 2013, 11:10 am

Yes they do. No open carry though. Wanted you to have a permit for open carry when the bill was sponored, who would of thunk. Texas weapons laws started after the Civil war too, wonder why. Bowie knifes of any blade lenght not legal, but switchblades ok now. No local gun laws override state law, which helps, but knife ordinances can. Most lawers and prosecutors don't even know the law, and seem to make it up as they go along, esp. Harris county. Catch 22 anything considered a weapon, by a cop. Got to love lawyers? Don't forget on or about your person, clause either. Totally FUBAR!

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH December 3rd 2013, 12:33 pm

supervel45 wrote:Yes they do. No open carry though. Wanted you to have a permit for open carry when the bill was sponored, who would of thunk. Texas weapons laws started after the Civil war too, wonder why. Bowie knifes of any blade lenght not legal, but switchblades ok now. No local gun laws override state law, which helps, but knife ordinances can. Most lawers and prosecutors don't even know the law, and seem to make it up as they go along, esp. Harris county. Catch 22 anything considered a weapon, by a cop. Got to love lawyers? Don't forget on or about your person, clause either. Totally FUBAR!

all men carry a weapon , so a cop can nail you any time . good part he would have to join you in jail for he carries the same weapon to commit rape.

asshole law makers should be locked up

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 December 4th 2013, 1:58 am

DanH wrote:
supervel45 wrote:Yes they do. No open carry though. Wanted you to have a permit for open carry when the bill was sponored, who would of thunk. Texas weapons laws started after the Civil war too, wonder why. Bowie knifes of any blade lenght not legal, but switchblades ok now. No local gun laws override state law, which helps, but knife ordinances can. Most lawers and prosecutors don't even know the law, and seem to make it up as they go along, esp. Harris county. Catch 22 anything considered a weapon, by a cop. Got to love lawyers? Don't forget on or about your person, clause either. Totally FUBAR!

all men carry a weapon , so a cop can nail you any time . good part he would have to join you in jail for he carries the same weapon to commit rape.

asshole law makers should be locked up
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             I don't tottally blame the cops, they are at the bottom of the food chain. Lawers should be barred from any legilative gov. body, the presidenticy, govonernorship, with the exception of the courts. It is a inherent confilct of interest, and leads to mob rule, or the dog guarding the butcher shop, situtation. As to the last line, Salem Mass. had a better idea what to do way back in the day and hasen their final destiny.Twisted Evil 

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down