BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil temps/ Compression ratio/timing

2 posters

Go down

Oil temps/ Compression ratio/timing  Empty Oil temps/ Compression ratio/timing

Post  Super Snake Steve June 3rd 2013, 11:42 pm

Need info on oil temps in relation to higher Compression 11.5 to1 here's what I think I know oil temps around 220 to 230 in ok but I've read that it should mimick water temps. Now the question. would the install of a oil cooler be worth the cost to get oil temp down so with higher compression and 93 octane or even if you bump the octane up to say 98 would one Benefit the Ability to set the timing to gain the most HP from your build I ask because when I built this motor in 1985 it ran pretty good on 93 had to mess with the timing a bit. And ive read that pre Detonation is really bad for your motor But now I've been reading here for a year trying to learn all I can so any help on this would be Appreciate thanks

Super Snake Steve

Back to top Go down

Oil temps/ Compression ratio/timing  Empty Re: Oil temps/ Compression ratio/timing

Post  Super Snake Steve June 4th 2013, 6:51 pm

What no one thinks there is a relation between oil temp, Compression Ratio and timing and if a oil cooler would be worth a try

Super Snake Steve

Back to top Go down

Oil temps/ Compression ratio/timing  Empty Re: Oil temps/ Compression ratio/timing

Post  jeffgfg June 5th 2013, 9:44 am

I would think that there is something to be said about an oil cooler as Ford included an oil cooler on all it's drag pac engine options. So they must have thought it was worth it. In my 429scj Torino w/Drag Pac I felt it helped while driving on the street. But have no facts to back it up. My oil temps were in the mid 200's all day long in the summer.

jeffgfg

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Snake Steve June 5th 2013, 11:57 am

I think your right ford would not have spent money on oil cooler if during there test it Benefited the motor as to what part performace or for the sake of the Warranty or both I think sense I'm not getting much back on this I'm going to install one do some R&D and report back as in run it hard see what I can get away with on the timing and 93 octane and then install the cooler run same test its my money I guess

Super Snake Steve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down