BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Fuel

+3
yellowhorse7
Frank Merkl
kjett
7 posters

Go down

What Fuel Empty What Fuel

Post  kjett April 29th 2013, 2:32 pm

Getting the finals done to put the new 488ci A headed motor back on the dyno. I want to tune it on the fuel I plan to stick with. The problem is I make several passes a day in the mud truck, some are n/a passes and some are on the spray (250-275hp shots). The motor is 14.5:1 compression. On the last motor, I ran the Sonoco maximal fuel with good results, but it looks the VP fuels have a few more options. So, what fuel to run? I'm torn between the c16 or the q16. What are the pros/cons to running the oxygenated stuff, especially on the nitrous? I've tried the 2 different fuels deal and draining/re-filling between runs is a pain, which is why I want to use 1 fuel and be done with it. Very Happy
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

What Fuel Empty Re: What Fuel

Post  Frank Merkl April 29th 2013, 2:43 pm

use the C16 ,you'll be adding enough oxygen with the nitrous
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 April 29th 2013, 2:46 pm

kjett wrote:Getting the finals done to put the new 488ci A headed motor back on the dyno. I want to tune it on the fuel I plan to stick with. The problem is I make several passes a day in the mud truck, some are n/a passes and some are on the spray (250-275hp shots). The motor is 14.5:1 compression. On the last motor, I ran the Sonoco maximal fuel with good results, but it looks the VP fuels have a few more options. So, what fuel to run? I'm torn between the c16 or the q16. What are the pros/cons to running the oxygenated stuff, especially on the nitrous? I've tried the 2 different fuels deal and draining/re-filling between runs is a pain, which is why I want to use 1 fuel and be done with it. Very Happy

With Nitrous, very little with Q. Nitrous is the oxygenator. I used it only for 3 seasons and while NA, it ran great, the tuning window was not worth the hassle on the sauce. Your not spraying much so it probably wouldn't be a huge deal but id use C16 if I were you.

Now I say this if you aren't in a class limiting deal. There are alot on N2O guys who use Q because they are rule-limited by either jet size, line size, etc and need every last bit.
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett April 29th 2013, 2:47 pm

Thanks Frank. I was running the Sonoco 114 maximal, but figured I'd go with what you big boys run. Can't wait to launch this thing at 5000rpm off one of your brakes and turn the motor to 8000rpm Twisted Evil
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett April 29th 2013, 2:52 pm

Tony, in the mud world where I'm at it's either you run or you don't run nitrous classes. There are no stipulations on plate or fogger, jet or line sizes. I could run as many sytstems as I could fit on my intake if I really wanted, but when you only go 150-200' at a time, I'm on and off the throttle by the time most of you guys hit half track Shocked Long story short, I should be pretty nasty this year on just the motor, the little extra on the bottle is to give that "something extra" Cool
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  racinghabbit April 29th 2013, 3:51 pm

From everything i look into i would run c14.... But i also dont know what nos needs....
racinghabbit
racinghabbit

Back to top Go down

What Fuel Empty fuel

Post  Mark Laczo April 29th 2013, 7:34 pm

racinghabbit wrote:From everything i look into i would run c14.... But i also dont know what nos needs....

There is also the C14+ which is for nitrous use when C14 may not be quite enough, C16 would cover your a..

BTW what did you make for HP #'s ??

Mark
Mark Laczo
Mark Laczo

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett April 29th 2013, 9:28 pm

Mark, don't know the true final number yet. Scheduling the dyno day for next week.
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  fatal addiction April 29th 2013, 11:41 pm

I ran q16 with a 200 shot on one of my 600" c head motors and never had a problem. Ran like a scalded dog...lol
fatal addiction
fatal addiction

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy April 30th 2013, 9:07 pm

Personally, I would run C14 with that combination NA and C14 PLUS with nitrous.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down