BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A460 block-one water hole in deck not drilled through

3 posters

Go down

A460 block-one water hole in deck not drilled through Empty A460 block-one water hole in deck not drilled through

Post  norm September 3rd 2012, 5:54 pm

as the title says one of the water holes on the driver side is not drilled through.it is not one that is a partial through one of the cast plugs that are pressed in to the deck before machining. neighboring hole that is the same size is through as are all of the ones on the passenger side of the block.it is the lower row near one of the tapped holes for the additional (18bolt) head bolts. wondering if anyone else has encountered this?
norm
norm

Back to top Go down

A460 block-one water hole in deck not drilled through Empty Re: A460 block-one water hole in deck not drilled through

Post  Lem Evans September 3rd 2012, 9:31 pm

Got a picture? I'm not sure which one you are referring to.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

A460 block-one water hole in deck not drilled through Empty Re: A460 block-one water hole in deck not drilled through

Post  norm September 3rd 2012, 10:07 pm

i pulled the soft plug out and looked up in there and its sand that didn't get knocked out at the foundry.i'm going to get a masonry drill tomorrow. i have chipped all of the sand out that i can get to through the soft plug hole. there are a couple small steel tubes near the cylinder wall that the sand seems to be stuck to. hopefully they are left over from the casting process cause i dinged one while "chipping" Very Happy
norm
norm

Back to top Go down

Post  powerstrokeace September 4th 2012, 9:10 pm

Don't mess with the steel tubes. These are what hold the cylinder in place while the block is being casted. If you happen to break one it is possible (stock blocks any way) that you will develop a pin hole in the block.

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down