BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

torque converter question.. a little off topic

4 posters

Go down

torque converter question.. a little off topic Empty torque converter question.. a little off topic

Post  racinghabbit March 20th 2012, 11:33 pm

You guys always work with me here... so i'm going to toss a curve ball at you ...
i've got a 75 motor home .. DODGE!! with a 360 and a 727 trans..
the trans went bad.. i found a fresh 727 that was behind a 318.
problem the 360 has a weight welded on the torque converted it and the 318 is internal balanced.
the converted only goes on one way so you could in theory cut the wieght off and weld it on the other one ..
just wondering what you guys think of this bright idea...

Remember its a 1975 motor home.. NOT VERY good.. but good enough
racinghabbit
racinghabbit

Back to top Go down

torque converter question.. a little off topic Empty Re: torque converter question.. a little off topic

Post  cool40 March 20th 2012, 11:38 pm

any converter shops close by?
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

torque converter question.. a little off topic Empty Re: torque converter question.. a little off topic

Post  whatbumper March 21st 2012, 8:33 am

I would take it to the nearest converter shop and let them balance it.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  racinghabbit March 21st 2012, 12:13 pm

no converter shops within 200 miles.. and i'm on a tight budget...

racinghabbit
racinghabbit

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper March 21st 2012, 2:23 pm

racinghabbit wrote:no converter shops within 200 miles.. and i'm on a tight budget...

call Josh at 903-486-7292

see what he can do.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave March 21st 2012, 10:09 pm

Let's first assume I know nothing about transmissions. If the transmission in your RV has gone South and you have found another, I assume one that will bolt up without modification. Why not use the torque converter that was installed in the RV with the "new" 727, after of course having the "old" torque converter "flushed"? RV's can be hard on a converter, especially one that is not designed for a RV application.

Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down