BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

trans/t-case mounts with motor plates

4 posters

Go down

trans/t-case mounts with motor plates Empty trans/t-case mounts with motor plates

Post  IcallhimGeorge December 13th 2011, 4:24 pm

anyone have pics of their trans/t-case mounts on trucks with front and mid plates? I'm more specifically looking for pics other than factory crossmembers.

Anyone using anything other than the factory intermediate housing mount

Is it better to hard mount the crossmember and soft mount the trans or softmount the crossmember and hard moun the trans? Soft mount both? If I soft mount the crossmember how much does it need move?
IcallhimGeorge
IcallhimGeorge
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

trans/t-case mounts with motor plates Empty Re: trans/t-case mounts with motor plates

Post  lghting94 December 13th 2011, 7:56 pm

I don't have pics but in my mud truck I had front and mid plates and used the factory trans mount and no transfer mount. I left the bolts on the trans mount a little loose(using lock nuts) allowing it to move slightly when the chassis twisted but supported the weight of the trans and transfer case(205)
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

trans/t-case mounts with motor plates Empty Re: trans/t-case mounts with motor plates

Post  IcallhimGeorge December 13th 2011, 9:11 pm

sounds like soft mounting the crossmember and the trans would be the best bet.
IcallhimGeorge
IcallhimGeorge
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  mudtrucker December 14th 2011, 1:18 am

If you have any chassis flex at all run a flex mount on the tranny. I love it when guys brag that they have so much hp that they broke their bell housing on a truck with plates and then a solid tranny mount.
mudtrucker
mudtrucker

Back to top Go down

Post  IcallhimGeorge December 14th 2011, 9:28 am

Are there any options other than a factory rubber mount? I havent seen any poly trans mounts.
IcallhimGeorge
IcallhimGeorge
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

trans/t-case mounts with motor plates Empty mounts

Post  samiam December 30th 2011, 2:32 pm

On my pull rig I have everything rubber mounted, I used the old 55 chevy biscut mounts,Napa part number 6021044... they are basically a round donnut, 1 inch thick with a 1/2 hole....compressed they are about 3/4".....A little flex saves parts..
samiam
samiam

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down